In order to apply for a work permit (also referred to as a working visa), the company must be eligible to apply for employing third country nationals. Eligible companies are considered where the majority of Shareholders are non-EU nationals; including Shareholders whose ultimate owners are foreign companies.
Moreover, in case where the percentage of the foreign participation in the share capital of a company is equal or below 50% of the total share capital, this percentage should represent an amount equal or higher than EUR €171,000 in order for the company to be considered eligible.
Once the above documents are submitted, and the company is approved by the migration department, then the company may apply for employment of third country nationals in the following positions:
- Company Directors.
- Management positions.
- Entry level positions.
Once a company is approved by the Migration department then the company may apply for the employment of third country nationals from Russia or Ukraine for example.
1. Original letter of guarantee issued by a bank or cooperative institution of Cyprus with a validity of at least one year over the required permit for covering possible repatriation expenses. The amount depends on the country of origin.
2. Original blood analysis results showing that the individual is healthy. For this criterion, if the applicant is in their country, they must supply the original results from their country prior to entrance to Cyprus, and once entering Cyprus, they need to provide the same results from the Republic of Cyprus.
3. Original Certificate of Clear Criminal Record from the country of origin (if the applicant resides in a country other than the country of origin, the certificate should be issued from the country of residence).
4. Certificate of Health Insurance for medical care that covers inpatient and outpatient care.
5. CV or resume & copies of any relevent academic qualifications.
Prior to submitting any documents to the migration department, the following documents must be duly certified prior to submitting an application for work permit.The Civil Registry & Migration Department can authorise the entry and residence in the Republic of the following family members, following the granting of the work permit of the sponsor’s family:
- The sponsor’s spouse, where they must be legally married for over a year, and the spouse must be at least 21 years old.
- The minor children of the sponsor and of his/her spouse, including children adopted.
- The minor children referred above must be below the age of 18 years and must not be married.