Incorporation of a Belize IBC is very efficient and can be completed within a matter of days. The International Business Companies Act (1990) provides the legal framework for the incorporation of a Belize IBC.
The summary below provides an overview of the process and the documents required.
- To form a Belize IBC an application form must be completed, signed and scanned containing information about a preferred name, details of directors and details of shareholders
- A beneficial owner declaration to be filled in, signed, scanned and sent to Eltoma
- A scanned copy of the passport for the directors and shareholders is required
- A scanned copy of proof of residence (utility bill, bank statement or bank reference not older than 3 month)
- At this point Eltoma will confirm the company name availability and issue an invoice
- Upon receipt of money Eltoma will start the Belize Company Incorporation Process. It takes approximately 5 working days to fully incorporate an offshore company in Belize and up to 5 working days for a courier delivery
- At the beginning of every year Eltoma will issue an annual invoice for US$400 to cover renewal fees