Company administration guidelines
There are no minimum capital requirements. The following shares are permitted:
- Bearer shares
- Registered shares
- Redeemable shares
- Shares of no par value
- Preference shares
- Shares with or without voting rights
Shares can be denominated in any currency and can be held by residents of the Seychelles.
- Only one shareholder required for incorporation, this can be an individual or corporate body.
- The sole shareholder can act as the director
- Nominee shareholders are permitted
- Only one director is required for incorporation, can be an individual or corporate body
- No nationality or residency restrictions exist
- The sole director can act as a sole shareholder
- Nominee shareholders are permitted
Restrictions on Name & Activity:
- It is prohibited to use a name that is identical or similar to an existing name.
- There is no requirement for a registered office to be kept in the Seychelles although registered agents must be used to incorporate the company. Appointing a company secretary is not a mandatory requirement
- There is a high level of confidentiality with nominees permitted. The Registrar retains copies of the Memorandum and Articles of Association in addition to the Certificate of Good Standing and other certificates. These documents however are not placed on public record.
Key amendments to the Singapore Companies Act
Significant changes to the commercial and company law in Singapore have come into effect. The changes to the Singapore Companies Act will hopefully make business entities more transparent as well as mitigating the risks of money laundering and terrorist financing.
Panama Law 52: Updated legislation for all legal entities
Last month the Government in Panama officially approved Law Number 52; legislation which creates the regulatory framework for the implementation regarding automatically exchanging tax information, in a further attempt to comply with global regulations for tax transparency, and to be fully in line with all supervisory and compliance matters.
Important 2016 reporting deadlines for BVI Financial Institutions
Officials from the British Virgin Islands have come together to clarify various filing deadlines as per the automatic exchange of information systems in a press release.
Thinking of relocating your business to Singapore? Let us help you!
Singapore has quickly become one of the world's most prosperous countries with strong international trading links and per capita GDP equal to that of the leading nations in Western Europe, making it an ideal destination and potential location for Business Owners to relocate and start a new business and lifestyle.
How to register a branch in Cyprus
Overseas companies may register a branch in Cyprus, according to the Companies Law, Chapter 113, regulated by section 347. A branch will not essentially consider as being a new legal entity in Cyprus.
To Brexit or not to Brexit?
To Brexit or not to Brexit - this has been the question of the year for Britain and with the referendum taking place imminently, just two options remain: leave the EU or stay in. Why has this been such a difficult decision to decide upon?
Selecting a Management Information System
A management information system or MIS is used to assist in the analyses and formulation of business strategy, as well as facilitating operational objectives. Selection of an MIS can help increase understanding and control in an organisation and can be scaled to suit the complexity of most modern businesses. If the right MIS is selected and it is implemented correctly it can provide a competitive advantage for the organisations utilising it.
Windows 10 update: having issues with the installation?
By now you have probably about Windows 10, the latest operating system developed by Microsoft.