Tax and accounting regulations
There is no federal tax legislation in the UAE, each emirate has its own tax law. Only oil, gas and petrochemical companies are required to pay taxes.
Below is an overview of the tax and accounting regulations in RAK:
RAK Tax System:
- Income Tax – 100% Income Tax exemption
- Value Added Tax (VAT) – There is no VAT in the UAE
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) – There is no Capital Gains Tax in the UAE
- Corporation Tax – 100% Corporation Tax exemption
- Taxation of Dividends -Profits derived from dividends are taxed only in the state from which the income was earned. Dividend income paid by a UAE company to another company which has a double taxation treaty with the UAE may not be taxable in the foreign company even though no tax was paid in the UAE
- Taxation of Royalties – Profits derived from royalties are taxed only in the state from which the income was earned.
- Taxation of Interest – Profits derived from interest are taxed only in the state from which the income was earned.
- Withholding Tax – No Withholding Tax applicable
- Capital Duties – 100% Capital and Profit repatriation
- Import / Export Taxes – No import or export taxes
- Net Worth Tax – No Net Worth tax
International Aspects of Taxation:
- RAK has rapidly gained a reputation for being a tax free, transparent jurisdiction and it is of paramount concern that the reputation of RAK is not tainted by money laundering or any other illegal practices therefore anti-avoidance regulations are enforced.
System of Double Tax Treaties:
- The UAE has over 40 Double Taxation Treaties in place.
- As the UAE has no taxes, double taxation treaties are aimed at making the UAE a more attractive territory in which to operate by reducing taxation levied in foreign jurisdictions on profits remitted abroad by foreign entities operating in the UAE.
- RAK currently has a DTTA with the following countries: Austria, Belarus, Canada, Czech Republic, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Lebanon, Malaysia, Malta, Morocco, New Zealand, Pakistan, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Sudan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey and Ukraine.
Annual Reporting Requirements:
- Accounting records must be kept for 7 years from the date on which they were prepared.
- Accounts are required to be approved and signed by the directors but there is no requirement for accounts to be filed with the RAK authorities.
- No audit is required.
A coherent offshore tax planning strategy is essential to maximize the effectiveness of offshore companies. Eltoma can assist by structuring the most tax efficient strategy to satisfy your requirements. Eltoma will guide you as to which jurisdictions offer the best tax structure by identifying the types of tax payable as well as applicable exemptions and incentives. Eltoma will provide tax planning advice that will identify which is the most favourable tax efficient jurisdiction in which to incorporate.
Important 2016 reporting deadlines for BVI Financial Institutions
Officials from the British Virgin Islands have come together to clarify various filing deadlines as per the automatic exchange of information systems in a press release.
Thinking of relocating your business to Singapore? Let us help you!
Singapore has quickly become one of the world's most prosperous countries with strong international trading links and per capita GDP equal to that of the leading nations in Western Europe, making it an ideal destination and potential location for Business Owners to relocate and start a new business and lifestyle.
How to register a branch in Cyprus
Overseas companies may register a branch in Cyprus, according to the Companies Law, Chapter 113, regulated by section 347. A branch will not essentially consider as being a new legal entity in Cyprus.
How to incorporate a company in Cyprus with the required documentation
Cyprus is the perfect location for incorporating an offshore or private company due to its simple incorporation procedures and agreeable tax structure. Below are the steps to company formation, the registration procedure, and all documentation required for incorporation:
To Brexit or not to Brexit?
To Brexit or not to Brexit - this has been the question of the year for Britain and with the referendum taking place imminently, just two options remain: leave the EU or stay in. Why has this been such a difficult decision to decide upon?
Selecting a Management Information System
A management information system or MIS is used to assist in the analyses and formulation of business strategy, as well as facilitating operational objectives. Selection of an MIS can help increase understanding and control in an organisation and can be scaled to suit the complexity of most modern businesses. If the right MIS is selected and it is implemented correctly it can provide a competitive advantage for the organisations utilising it.
Windows 10 update: having issues with the installation?
By now you have probably about Windows 10, the latest operating system developed by Microsoft.
Accounting support for a Cyprus company located in Russia
When expanding your business overseas, not only do you have to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and accounting standards, thought must also be given to the specific jurisdictions own rules and regulations.