Procedure of Company Registration
The registration of an offshore company in RAK is relatively straight-forward with comparatively minimal compliance procedures and only one director and shareholder required (which may be the same person). The director and shareholder may be individuals or corporate entities and may be a non-resident in the UAE.
Outlined below are the requirements for registering a Offshore Company in Ras-Al-Khaimah and the processes and procedures, administration issues and reporting requirements.
Procedure for RAK offshore company formation:
- An application form is completed with details regarding the preferred name and details of directors and shareholders.
- For Individual Applicants the following documents are required: A completed application form, passport copy, original bank reference letter, and proof of residence in the form of a utility bill / phone bill etc.
- For Non-Individual Applicants the following documents are required: Copy of Incorporation Certificate, Board of Meeting of Directors or Resolution, MOA of the parent company, Passport copy of the directors and shareholders, Good Standing Certificate and any other documents requested by the Registrar during the process
- Prior to offshore company registration the objectives and activities of the proposed company after incorporation must be disclosed to the Registrar
- The completed application form, personal documents and Articles of Incorporation are sent to the authorities.
- Once accepted and approved a Certificate of Existence is issued. This Certificate of Existence is proof of an Offshore Company’s formation, registration and existence. The Certificate of Existence is sometimes referred to as the Certificate of Incorporation.
Have the Many Benefits of Offshore Banking Left the Industry Open to Abuse?
The overseas banking industry is a billion-dollar business. Its no surprise that during the last decade, criminals have discovered ways to circumvent and exploit the system, ultimately giving the offshore world a bad reputation. This article looks at the many benefits associated with overseas banking; and how this has left the industry open to abuse.
An Overview of Offshore Banking & its Benefits
Generally speaking, overseas or offshore banking has garnered a bad reputation in the financial world. Usually the term is synonymously used with embezzlement, money laundering and tax evasion; evoking reminiscent scandals such as the Panama Papers.
Crypto-currency Start-ups Buying False Reviews is Destablising Reputable Investment Sources
When cryptocurrency issuers want reviews for their coins, reports have surfaced that several prominent companies have been found offering money to advertisers in exchange for positive appraisals.
Is the Era of Shell Companies Coming to an End?
The Honourable Dr. Orlando Smith, Premier and Minister of Finance has announced that the BVI Government will take all reasonable steps to address European Union concerns about economic substance and a new Legislation is intended to be in force by the end of December 2018 in order to avoid the European Union Black List of Tax Heaven Jurisdictions.
Regulatory Update: BVI Economic Substance Act 2018
In 2016, the Council of the EU pledged to start advocating tax transparency and fairer taxation within Europe and consequently worldwide. After the EUs Code of Conduct Group (COCG) on taxation investigated BVI practices, they found a number of concerns regarding legitimate substance requirements for companies and limited partnerships doing business in and through BVI.
Information on the Payment of Cyprus Taxes for Pensions & Rental Income
Cyprus employees who are considered to have tax resident status, pay tax on their global income. Employees not considered to be tax resident are only charged for specific types of income that are originating from Cyprus-based sources.
Cyprus Regulatory Update: Shell Company Definition & Exceptions
The Central Bank of Cyprus has released new guidance for all credit institutions on the island, refining the definition for shell companies and subsidiary entities; coming into effect from November 2018, which are detailed as follows:
Singapore Variable Capital Company VCC: New Features & Benefits
The introduction of the VCC is a significant positive for the Singapore funds industry. Its aim is to retain Singapore as an attractive business destination and to keep investors wishing to domicile locally.