Procedure of company registration
The registration of an offshore company in RAK is relatively straight-forward with comparatively minimal compliance procedures and only one director and shareholder required (which may be the same person). The director and shareholder may be individuals or corporate entities and may be a non-resident in the UAE.
Outlined below are the requirements for registering a Offshore Company in Ras-Al-Khaimah and the processes and procedures, administration issues and reporting requirements.
Procedure for RAK offshore company formation:
- An application form is completed with details regarding the preferred name and details of directors and shareholders.
- For Individual Applicants the following documents are required: A completed application form, passport copy, original bank reference letter, and proof of residence in the form of a utility bill / phone bill etc.
- For Non-Individual Applicants the following documents are required: Copy of Incorporation Certificate, Board of Meeting of Directors or Resolution, MOA of the parent company, Passport copy of the directors and shareholders, Good Standing Certificate and any other documents requested by the Registrar during the process
- Prior to offshore company registration the objectives and activities of the proposed company after incorporation must be disclosed to the Registrar
- The completed application form, personal documents and Articles of Incorporation are sent to the authorities.
- Once accepted and approved a Certificate of Existence is issued. This Certificate of Existence is proof of an Offshore Company’s formation, registration and existence. The Certificate of Existence is sometimes referred to as the Certificate of Incorporation.
The Investigation of a Cyprus Company's Affairs: Application of the Law & Effectiveness
At the request of a Cyprus company’s Shareholder, where it is proven that a more comprehensive investigation is required regarding a company’s activities, the court can issue a declaration of investigation by an inspector appointed by the Cyprus Council of Ministers. The discretion of the court must be applied carefully; as such an order can heavily impact a company and depending on the outcome of the investigation, can be a severe measure that deviates from fundamental principles of Cyprus company law.
UK: The Current Problems with Money Laundering & the Violation of Anti-Money Laundering Regimes
The fact that money can be transferred from one jurisdiction to another means, that money laundering as a concept involves the entire modern world. Money laundering is a process during which the origin and purpose of payments are hidden and typically has three stages.
Director’s Duties & Liability Insurance in Cyprus
This article will examine the role of a Director and his duties and liability insurance and D&O insurance liability accordingly with reference to the relevant case law.
Q&A: Singapore Small Company Concept for Audit Exemption
The following article will answer some commonly asked questions regarding Singapore small company auditing requirements and exemptions from ACRA.
Exemption from Audit: Singapore Small Company Criteria
Singapore Audit Requirements: running a company in most countries require auditing as a process to prove that everything is operating legitimately. Listed companies have a legal responsibility to go through audit in Singapore similarly.
EU: Cyprus Competitive Advantage at Risk with Tax Consolidation Reforms
Cyprus is likely to have repercussions as a result of Jean-Claude Juncker ’s favouring of a relaxation in EU regulation formation and monitoring schemes, reinforced by qualified majorities on matters including the additional synchronisation of blanket taxation rates across Europe.
Singapore Service Providers: How to Comply with the ACRA Reporting Requirements
As a result of the ACRA Amendment Act in 2014, Registered Filing Agents and Corporate Service Providers now have to conduct independent Anti-Money Laundering / Countering the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) reviews as part of their annual audit reviews.
Beginners Guide to Service Level Agreements: Important Information & Q&A
SLAs are a critical component of any outsourcing and technology vendor contract. Beyond listing expectations of service type and quality, an SLA provides remedies when requirements aren't met.