Procedure of company registration
Panama adheres to common law based on the English system. Panamanian IBC’s are incorporated under Law No.32 of the 1927 Commercial Code which was amended in 1997.
Procedure of incorporation:
The procedure for the formation of a Panama offshore company is fast and efficient. The general process is as follows:
- An application form is completed with details of preferred name and details of Beneficial Directors and Shareholders (nationality, country of residence, address, profession etc).
- A scanned copy of the passport of the beneficial directors and shareholders is required.
- An original proof of residence showing the name and address of the individual. This can be in the form of a utility bill or bank statement and must not be older than 3 months.
- Two original letters of introduction. The letter can be from a bank, lawyer, accountant or similar profession.
- At this point Eltoma will issue an invoice for a Panama Company Formation. Upon receipt of money we start the incorporation process.
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association are prepared and sent to the Registrar.
- When the Memorandum of Association is accepted The Registrar of Companies will provide the company with a certificate of incorporation.
Company administration guidelines
Shares and capital requirements:
- There is no minimum capital requirement.
- The usual authorised share capital is US$1,000 divided into 100 common voting shares of US$10 each. The capital may be expressed in any convertable currency.
- The minimum issued capital is either one share of no par value or one share of par value.
Directors and Officers:
- Three Directors and three Officers are required for a Panama Company; a President, Secretary (see below) and a Treasurer. Directors can also act as Officers.
- Directors and Officers can be any nationality and do not need to reside in Panama.
- Directors and Officers can be either corporations or natural persons. If corporations are used however all corporate documents are public information therefore it is preferable to use nominees.
Restrictions on name & activity:
- Companies cannot use or end with the following; Limited, LTD, Finance, Trust, Foundations, Insurance, Bank, Trust or Insurance.
- A registered office is not required however all Panama corporations must be registered by Agents holding offices in Panama.
- A Company Secretary is obligatory and can be be either a natural or corporate person, of any nationality and is not required to be a resident of Panama.
- Company documents are filed with the Mercantile Registry however a high degree of confidentiality is ensured with nominees permitted.
- Incorporation will take approximately 3-4 working days however the post incorporation procedures take approximately 10 days to complete.
- Shelf Companies are available.
Important 2016 reporting deadlines for BVI Financial Institutions
Officials from the British Virgin Islands have come together to clarify various filing deadlines as per the automatic exchange of information systems in a press release.
Thinking of relocating your business to Singapore? Let us help you!
Singapore has quickly become one of the world's most prosperous countries with strong international trading links and per capita GDP equal to that of the leading nations in Western Europe, making it an ideal destination and potential location for Business Owners to relocate and start a new business and lifestyle.
How to register a branch in Cyprus
Overseas companies may register a branch in Cyprus, according to the Companies Law, Chapter 113, regulated by section 347. A branch will not essentially consider as being a new legal entity in Cyprus.
How to incorporate a company in Cyprus with the required documentation
Cyprus is the perfect location for incorporating an offshore or private company due to its simple incorporation procedures and agreeable tax structure. Below are the steps to company formation, the registration procedure, and all documentation required for incorporation:
To Brexit or not to Brexit?
To Brexit or not to Brexit - this has been the question of the year for Britain and with the referendum taking place imminently, just two options remain: leave the EU or stay in. Why has this been such a difficult decision to decide upon?
Selecting a Management Information System
A management information system or MIS is used to assist in the analyses and formulation of business strategy, as well as facilitating operational objectives. Selection of an MIS can help increase understanding and control in an organisation and can be scaled to suit the complexity of most modern businesses. If the right MIS is selected and it is implemented correctly it can provide a competitive advantage for the organisations utilising it.
Windows 10 update: having issues with the installation?
By now you have probably about Windows 10, the latest operating system developed by Microsoft.
Accounting support for a Cyprus company located in Russia
When expanding your business overseas, not only do you have to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and accounting standards, thought must also be given to the specific jurisdictions own rules and regulations.