Requirements and administration guidelines
- GBC1 – There are no minimum capital requirements. Capital can be in any currency except the Mauritian Rupee. Bearer shares are not permitted. A minimum of one Shareholder is required. The shareholder can be any nationality and does not need to be resident in Mauritius.
- GBC2 – There are no minimum capital requirements. Bearer shares are permitted, Share Capital is unlimited and there are no extra fees for high capitalization. A minimum of one Shareholder is required. Any change on the beneficial ownership must be notified to the Financial Services Commission in Mauritius within one month.
- GBC1 – A minimum of one director is required however to take advantage of the Double Taxation Treaties two resident Mauritian Directors are required.
- GBC2 – A minimum of one director is required; can be either a corporate or individual
Restrictions on Name & Activity:
- GBC1 – It is prohibited for company names to contain words such as ‘Bank’, ‘Insurance’, ‘Building Society’ or ‘Trust’
- GBC2 – It is prohibited to use any name that is similar to an existing company name
- GBC1 – A Registered Agent and Registered Office in Mauritius is required. The Registered Agent must be appropriately qualified to act as such, for example a lawyer, Licensed Management Company etc. A company secretary is also required. The secretary must be qualified and resident in Mauritius. All records must be kept in the registered office.
- GBC2 – A Registered Agent and Registered Office in Mauritius is required. The Registered Agent must be appropriately qualified to act as such, for example a lawyer, Licensed Management Company etc. A secretary is required but there is no requirement for a qualified, Mauritian Resident to undertake this position.
- GBC1 – Beneficial Owners details are disclosed to the Mauritian Authorities but they are not made available to the public.
- GBC2 – There is no requirement to disclose Beneficial Owners details to the Mauritian Authorities.
- GBC1 – Approximately 3-4 weeks is required.
- GBC2 – Approximately 2 weeks is required.
Important 2016 reporting deadlines for BVI Financial Institutions
Officials from the British Virgin Islands have come together to clarify various filing deadlines as per the automatic exchange of information systems in a press release.
Thinking of relocating your business to Singapore? Let us help you!
Singapore has quickly become one of the world's most prosperous countries with strong international trading links and per capita GDP equal to that of the leading nations in Western Europe, making it an ideal destination and potential location for Business Owners to relocate and start a new business and lifestyle.
How to register a branch in Cyprus
Overseas companies may register a branch in Cyprus, according to the Companies Law, Chapter 113, regulated by section 347. A branch will not essentially consider as being a new legal entity in Cyprus.
How to incorporate a company in Cyprus with the required documentation
Cyprus is the perfect location for incorporating an offshore or private company due to its simple incorporation procedures and agreeable tax structure. Below are the steps to company formation, the registration procedure, and all documentation required for incorporation:
To Brexit or not to Brexit?
To Brexit or not to Brexit - this has been the question of the year for Britain and with the referendum taking place imminently, just two options remain: leave the EU or stay in. Why has this been such a difficult decision to decide upon?
Selecting a Management Information System
A management information system or MIS is used to assist in the analyses and formulation of business strategy, as well as facilitating operational objectives. Selection of an MIS can help increase understanding and control in an organisation and can be scaled to suit the complexity of most modern businesses. If the right MIS is selected and it is implemented correctly it can provide a competitive advantage for the organisations utilising it.
Windows 10 update: having issues with the installation?
By now you have probably about Windows 10, the latest operating system developed by Microsoft.
Accounting support for a Cyprus company located in Russia
When expanding your business overseas, not only do you have to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and accounting standards, thought must also be given to the specific jurisdictions own rules and regulations.