Procedure of company registration
Mauritius offers two types of Offshore Companies; Global Business Company Category 1 (GBC1) and Global Business Company Category 2 (GBC2). Both are governed by the 2001 Companies Act and regulated by the Mauritius Financial Services Commission. Outlined below are the requirements for registering a GBC1 and GBC2 in Mauritius along with the processes and procedures, administration issues and reporting requirements.
Procedure for GBC1 & GBC2 company registration:
The procedure for the formation of a Mauritius Offshore Company is as follows:
- An application form is completed with details of preferred name and details of beneficial directors and shareholders (nationality, country of residence, address, profession etc)
- A scanned copy of the passport of the beneficial directors and shareholders is required
- A bank reference letter
- A scanned copy of proof of residence. This can be in the form of a utility bill, bank statement or bank reference and must not be older than 3 months
- A bank reference letter and brief business plan
- At this point Eltoma will issue an invoice for a Mauritius Company formation. Upon receipt of money we start the incorporation process.
- The completed application form plus the Constitution of the Company (this replaces the standardised Memorandum and Articles of Association) is sent to the Registrar of Companies in Mauritius. An application is made in parallel to the Financial Services Commission of Mauritius for a Global Business License.
- The process takes approximately 7-10 days for a GBC1 and 2 days for a GBC2
The Investigation of a Cyprus Company's Affairs: Application of the Law & Effectiveness
At the request of a Cyprus company’s Shareholder, where it is proven that a more comprehensive investigation is required regarding a company’s activities, the court can issue a declaration of investigation by an inspector appointed by the Cyprus Council of Ministers. The discretion of the court must be applied carefully; as such an order can heavily impact a company and depending on the outcome of the investigation, can be a severe measure that deviates from fundamental principles of Cyprus company law.
UK: The Current Problems with Money Laundering & the Violation of Anti-Money Laundering Regimes
The fact that money can be transferred from one jurisdiction to another means, that money laundering as a concept involves the entire modern world. Money laundering is a process during which the origin and purpose of payments are hidden and typically has three stages.
Director’s Duties & Liability Insurance in Cyprus
This article will examine the role of a Director and his duties and liability insurance and D&O insurance liability accordingly with reference to the relevant case law.
Q&A: Singapore Small Company Concept for Audit Exemption
The following article will answer some commonly asked questions regarding Singapore small company auditing requirements and exemptions from ACRA.
Exemption from Audit: Singapore Small Company Criteria
Singapore Audit Requirements: running a company in most countries require auditing as a process to prove that everything is operating legitimately. Listed companies have a legal responsibility to go through audit in Singapore similarly.
EU: Cyprus Competitive Advantage at Risk with Tax Consolidation Reforms
Cyprus is likely to have repercussions as a result of Jean-Claude Juncker ’s favouring of a relaxation in EU regulation formation and monitoring schemes, reinforced by qualified majorities on matters including the additional synchronisation of blanket taxation rates across Europe.
Singapore Service Providers: How to Comply with the ACRA Reporting Requirements
As a result of the ACRA Amendment Act in 2014, Registered Filing Agents and Corporate Service Providers now have to conduct independent Anti-Money Laundering / Countering the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) reviews as part of their annual audit reviews.
Beginners Guide to Service Level Agreements: Important Information & Q&A
SLAs are a critical component of any outsourcing and technology vendor contract. Beyond listing expectations of service type and quality, an SLA provides remedies when requirements aren't met.