Procedure of Company Registration
Mauritius offers two types of Offshore Companies; Global Business Company Category 1 (GBC1) and Global Business Company Category 2 (GBC2). Both are governed by the 2001 Companies Act and regulated by the Mauritius Financial Services Commission. Outlined below are the requirements for registering a GBC1 and GBC2 in Mauritius along with the processes and procedures, administration issues and reporting requirements.
Procedure for GBC1 & GBC2 company registration:
The procedure for the formation of a Mauritius Offshore Company is as follows:
- An application form is completed with details of preferred name and details of beneficial directors and shareholders (nationality, country of residence, address, profession etc)
- A scanned copy of the passport of the beneficial directors and shareholders is required
- A bank reference letter
- A scanned copy of proof of residence. This can be in the form of a utility bill, bank statement or bank reference and must not be older than 3 months
- A bank reference letter and brief business plan
- At this point Eltoma will issue an invoice for a Mauritius Company formation. Upon receipt of money we start the incorporation process.
- The completed application form plus the Constitution of the Company (this replaces the standardised Memorandum and Articles of Association) is sent to the Registrar of Companies in Mauritius. An application is made in parallel to the Financial Services Commission of Mauritius for a Global Business License.
- The process takes approximately 7-10 days for a GBC1 and 2 days for a GBC2