Procedure of Company Formation
Incorporation of an international Corporation, LLC or Partnership in the Marshall Islands is extremely efficient and can be completed within a matter of days. The Marshall Islands Associations Law 1990 provides the legal framework for the incorporation of an international company. This is comprised of the Business Corporations Act; Revised Partnership Acts; Limited Partnership Act and Limited Liability Company Act, dependant on which type of company you wish to form.
The summary below provides an overview of the process and the documents needed, and dependant on which type of company you require, to form an international company in the Marshall Islands, an application form must be completed, signed and scanned containing information about a preferred name, details of Directors and details of any Shareholders if applicable.
- A scanned and notarised copy of the passport for the Directors and Shareholders is required.
- A scanned copy of proof of residence, such as a utility bill, Bank statement or Bank reference no longer than 3 months old. (Via our online client verification system).
- At this point Eltoma will confirm the company name availability and issue an invoice.
- Upon receipt of payment Eltoma will start the company formation process. It takes approximately 5 working days to fully incorporate an offshore company in the Marshall Islands and up to 5 working days for a courier delivery. (Taking into consideration that we receive all the signed required forms in time).
- Annually Eltoma will issue an invoice to cover renewal fees.
CJEU: Defines Key Definitions for Tax & Beneficial Ownership Purposes
Last month, the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) issued a series of important judgments dealing with tax avoidance and beneficial ownership in the context of the EU Parent-Subsidiary Directive (PSD) and the Interest and Royalties Directive (IRD).