Located in the heart of the Mediterranean between mainland Europe and North Africa Malta is the perfect place to conduct business. Malta is a strategic hub due to its location and is easily accessible.
- Malta has been a full EU member since 2004 and entered the Eurozone in 2008.
- Malta is a highly reputable jurisdiction with laws in line with applicable European Union legislation
- English is used throughout the island and all documents produced are in English
- Corporate income tax is subject to a flat rate which currently stands at 35% however Malta is currently the only member which allows a full imputation system to eliminate the double taxation of company profits, therefore tax charged to the company is imputed to the shareholder upon dividend distribution by the company. Since the tax rate of 35% applicable to companies is also the highest tax rate in Malta, shareholders will not suffer any additional tax on the receipt of dividends. The shareholder may even receive a tax refund if his income falls to be taxed at a lower rate of tax than the 35% tax rate incurred by the company
- A system of tax refunds is in place so that upon dividend distribution, depending on the nature of the taxable profit, a 6/7ths, 5/7ths or 2/3rds tax refund of the corporate tax paid by the company, may be paid to the shareholder. The effective tax rate is therefore reduced to 5%.
- Furthermore, Malta’s tax system grants a full participation exemption with respect to dividend income derived from a participating holding and to capital gains derived from the transfer of said holding; a number of anti-abuse conditions must be satisfied before a company may be classified as a participating holding.
- Malta has a highly professional workforce
Russian citizens can gain Cyprus tax residency by staying only 60 days on island, whats the catch?
Cyprus is once again working to improve its economic desirability and will be able to increase its alternative business base for Russians with good creditworthiness.
Cyprus tax department releases new guidance on CRS deadlines and the online portal
The Cyprus Tax Department has released a notification to all Cyprus based Financial Institutions & Service Providers of the new guidance notes on the Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information and other information relating to the Common Reporting Standard (CRS).
Hong Kong establishes AEOI agreement with Indonesia
Last week, Hong Kong finalised and signed an agreement with Indonesia to allow for the automatic exchange of financial information (AEOI) regarding all tax matters.
New requirement for Scottish LPs to disclose all PSC information to the Companies House
The legislation for Scottish Limited Partnerships have changed regarding the disclosure of information. Going forward, Scottish LPs will have to register all information about PSCs and Business Owners with the UK Companies House from July 24th 2017.
Key amendments to the Singapore Companies Act
Significant changes to the commercial and company law in Singapore have come into effect. The changes to the Singapore Companies Act will hopefully make business entities more transparent as well as mitigating the risks of money laundering and terrorist financing.
Panama Law 52: Updated legislation for all legal entities
Last month the Government in Panama officially approved Law Number 52; legislation which creates the regulatory framework for the implementation regarding automatically exchanging tax information, in a further attempt to comply with global regulations for tax transparency, and to be fully in line with all supervisory and compliance matters.
Important 2016 reporting deadlines for BVI Financial Institutions
Officials from the British Virgin Islands have come together to clarify various filing deadlines as per the automatic exchange of information systems in a press release.
Thinking of relocating your business to Singapore? Let us help you!
Singapore has quickly become one of the world's most prosperous countries with strong international trading links and per capita GDP equal to that of the leading nations in Western Europe, making it an ideal destination and potential location for Business Owners to relocate and start a new business and lifestyle.