Company administration guidelines
- Shareholders of a Hong Kong company must subscribe for at least for one share to start the Hong Kong incorporation process.
- A Hong Kong company can issue the following classes of shares; ordinary shares and preference shares.
- Share premium is allowed in Hong Kong. However, share premium is a subject to capital duty of 0.1%.
- Proper instrument of share transfer is required to register the transfer of shares in a Hong Kong company.
- The minimum number of Shareholders is one and there are no restrictions on foreign individuals or corporate bodies being Shareholders.
- The number of Shareholders of private company is limited to 50.
- Nominee Shareholders are permitted.
- The minimum number of Directors is one.
- There is no restriction for foreign nationals to act as a Director of a Hong Kong company.
- Corporate Directors are permitted in Hong Kong.
- An annual general meeting of Directors can be held outside of Hong Kong.
Restrictions on name & activity:
- All business entities in Hong Kong must have an approved name prior to company registration. This can be done relatively quickly.
- A Hong Kong company name must end with ‘Limited’.
- There are no onerous restrictions on trading other than the inability to undertake banking and insurance activities.
- Every company in Hong Kong is required to have a registered office where a register containing details of any Directors, Shareholders or company Secretary's, as well times of any general and Director meetings were held. Eltoma can provide this service.
- All changes have to be filed with the Registrar of Companies within a month from the date of any change.
- It is compulsary for a Hong Kong company to have a Secretary. A Secretary can be a natural person or a company who is a resident of Hong Kong. Eltoma can provide this service.
- The company Secretary is responsible for keeping and filing corporate documents with the Registrar of Companies.
- Nominees are permitted in order to achieve a high level of confidentiality.
The timescale for the incorporation of a Hong Kong Limited Liability Company is approximately 5 working days.
The Secretary of a Hong Kong registered company receives a notification for the submission of the company’s income tax form about 27 months (2 years + 3 months) from the incorporation date of the company. Once notification is received, the company has 1 month to prepare its bookkeeping; auditation of the accounts and submit the income tax form. It is recommended that all Hong Kong registered companies prepare their audited accounts within 3 months from the end of their financial year on an annual basis.
The submission of a company’s income tax form is a compulsory requirement by HK’s Inland Revenue Authorities and if the audited accounts together with the tax form are not submitted on time, the company is obligated to pay penalties and may receive a court summons.
Fees for the accounting department:
|1. BookKeeping (fixed fee for all companies)||
|2. BookKeeping dormant companies||
|3. BookKeeping active companies||Determined by: number of transactions, amount of sales turnover and time spent|
|4. Audit dormant and/or active companies||Determined by: number of transactions, amount of sales turnover and time spent|
Documents needed from clients for bookkeeping:
Applicable for all jurisdictions for newly incorporated companies:
- A detailed description of the company’s activities.
- Bank statements for the financial year for all accounts that are under the company’s name.
- Any sales invoices issued from the company during the financial year.
- Any invoices received from the suppliers of the company during the financial year.
- Any expense receipts issued under the company’s name.
- Any agreements and contracts signed by the company during the financial year.
Documents needed from companies that were transferred from another agent:
Hong Kong jurisdiction:
- All documents that are mentioned above in part A.
- A set of the submitted financial statement of the previous financial year that were submitted to Hong Kong’s Company House.
- A copy of the submitted Inland Revenue notification: tax form.
Important 2016 reporting deadlines for BVI Financial Institutions
Officials from the British Virgin Islands have come together to clarify various filing deadlines as per the automatic exchange of information systems in a press release.
Thinking of relocating your business to Singapore? Let us help you!
Singapore has quickly become one of the world's most prosperous countries with strong international trading links and per capita GDP equal to that of the leading nations in Western Europe, making it an ideal destination and potential location for Business Owners to relocate and start a new business and lifestyle.
How to register a branch in Cyprus
Overseas companies may register a branch in Cyprus, according to the Companies Law, Chapter 113, regulated by section 347. A branch will not essentially consider as being a new legal entity in Cyprus.
How to incorporate a company in Cyprus with the required documentation
Cyprus is the perfect location for incorporating an offshore or private company due to its simple incorporation procedures and agreeable tax structure. Below are the steps to company formation, the registration procedure, and all documentation required for incorporation:
To Brexit or not to Brexit?
To Brexit or not to Brexit - this has been the question of the year for Britain and with the referendum taking place imminently, just two options remain: leave the EU or stay in. Why has this been such a difficult decision to decide upon?
Selecting a Management Information System
A management information system or MIS is used to assist in the analyses and formulation of business strategy, as well as facilitating operational objectives. Selection of an MIS can help increase understanding and control in an organisation and can be scaled to suit the complexity of most modern businesses. If the right MIS is selected and it is implemented correctly it can provide a competitive advantage for the organisations utilising it.
Windows 10 update: having issues with the installation?
By now you have probably about Windows 10, the latest operating system developed by Microsoft.
Accounting support for a Cyprus company located in Russia
When expanding your business overseas, not only do you have to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and accounting standards, thought must also be given to the specific jurisdictions own rules and regulations.