The state of Delaware is fast becoming renowned as a business haven for corporations looking for a business-friendly environment. With its low tax incentives and increased confidentiality, these factors can provide an attractive advantage to you and your business.
Delaware is an easy and reliable state in which to incorporate or form an LLC; the annual cost is low and the owners of LLCs as individuals are given the strongest legal protection available by any state. This is demonstrated by a US Chamber of Commerce study of state liability systems that has rated Delaware number one in eight studies conducted throughout all 50 US states.
A few examples of Delaware’s benefits include:
- Low cost incorporation fees.
- Delaware law has been tested and provides predictability.
- Delaware regularly updates its laws to remain the leading state for incorporation.
- Delaware allows the owners and managers of an LLC to remain anonymous.
- Delaware has no sales tax or intangible personal property tax.
- No Delaware income tax has to be paid and a business license is not required if the Corporation does not do business in Delaware.
- A Delaware offshore company is a useful tool for those seeking to protect their assets from creditors, liabilities and excessive taxation.
- Those who form and own a partnership in Delaware are known as ‘members’ rather than ‘partners’ and the LLC itself is a distinct legal entity, separate from those who establish it. This means that LLC members are able to limit their risk and liability to their initial investment made into the corporation which means that the Delaware offshore incorporation of an LLC allows for far reaching personal asset protection.
- A Delaware offshore company is not required to report its assets which implements an additional layer of confidentiality protection; making it a less likely target for speculative creditors.
Beginners guide to Service Level Agreements: important information & Q&A
SLAs are a critical component of any outsourcing and technology vendor contract. Beyond listing expectations of service type and quality, an SLA provides remedies when requirements aren't met.
Crypto currencies becoming increasingly overly regulated as governments impose more guidelines
Crypto currencies have exploded in popularity in recent years, thanks to innovation in block chain, the distributed ledger technology underpinning those virtual tokens such as bitcoin. That has led to a red-hot fundraising trend where start-ups are pulling in millions of dollars in capital by issuing virtual coins to investors in exchange for money.
Initial Coin Offering, definition and regulation
Initial Coin Offerings (“ICO”) have gained increasing attention by crypto currency users, the media and the regulators. The rising price of Bitcoin, one of the most widely known and used crypto currencies, along with fraud scandals in different countries, have raised attention by the public and concern by the regulators. It is important for us that our clients and our professional team understand crypto currencies and ICOs to be able to make intelligent and well-informed decisions.
Seychelles IBC Act 2016: Action for all companies required
The requirement to file and maintain a list of Directors and Beneficial Owners for all Seychelles companies or International Business Companies “IBCs” registered under the International Business Companies Act 2016 has been introduced to as a way to increase the transparency of all Seychelles international businesses for tax and money laundering purposes
Passport schemes: countries that allow foreign nationals to acquire citizenship through investment
There are many factors that influence an investor to obtain a second citizenship in another country. Aspects such as relocation, retirement, security or even long-term plans for future generations are all benefits and considerations in the prospectus for investment. Several countries now offer this option through different investment schemes.
The Tier 1 Investor Visa: are the UK government checking candidates' source of wealth? Evidently not..
One of many legal disputes resulting from the recent infamous Kazakhstan BTA bank fraud case has shed new light on a little-known immigration scheme colloquially known as the golden visa scheme and officially called a Tier 1 Investor visa in the UK; the scheme grants investors residency in exchange for spending £2m in UK bonds or shares through a bank, with applicants eligible for to remain indefinitely, with full citizenship after five years.
EU release list of tax havens & blacklisted jurisdictions for the first time
In an attempt to recover the approximate 600B euros lost within various EU countries to tax evasion schemes each year; the European Union has released its first official blacklist naming 17 jurisdictions that have failed to meet international standards of implementing sufficient regulations and transparency measures.
A beginners guide to filing capital statements in Cyprus
This article details a beginners guide to capital statements; what to include in them, what the figures mean and how to understand and interpret them; avoiding common pitfalls many individuals experience along the way with filing their own.. Capital statements (also referred to as wealth statements) are similar to profit & loss sheets for a company except capital statements are typically used to measure and record an individual’s finances using an official document accumulated on differing dates.