The state of Delaware is fast becoming renowned as a business haven for corporations looking for a business-friendly environment. With its low tax incentives and increased confidentiality, these factors can provide an attractive advantage to you and your business.
Delaware is an easy and reliable state in which to incorporate or form an LLC; the annual cost is low and the owners of LLCs as individuals are given the strongest legal protection available by any state. This is demonstrated by a US Chamber of Commerce study of state liability systems that has rated Delaware number one in eight studies conducted throughout all 50 US states.
A few examples of Delaware’s benefits include:
- Low cost incorporation fees.
- Delaware law has been tested and provides predictability.
- Delaware regularly updates its laws to remain the leading state for incorporation.
- Delaware allows the owners and managers of an LLC to remain anonymous.
- Delaware has no sales tax or intangible personal property tax.
- No Delaware income tax has to be paid and a business license is not required if the Corporation does not do business in Delaware.
- A Delaware offshore company is a useful tool for those seeking to protect their assets from creditors, liabilities and excessive taxation.
- Those who form and own a partnership in Delaware are known as ‘members’ rather than ‘partners’ and the LLC itself is a distinct legal entity, separate from those who establish it. This means that LLC members are able to limit their risk and liability to their initial investment made into the corporation which means that the Delaware offshore incorporation of an LLC allows for far reaching personal asset protection.
- A Delaware offshore company is not required to report its assets which implements an additional layer of confidentiality protection; making it a less likely target for speculative creditors.
Cyprus vs Malta: Tax & Investment Considerations
Malta and Cyprus undeniably have the most favourable citizenship by investment programmes in Europe. Many individuals are using such schemes as a means of significant wealth protection and gaining dual nationality; while smaller economies within the EU receive financial compensation for the privilege.
How the Cyprus Passport Scheme is Really Affecting Banks & the Economy
When Cyprus’ fiscal and banking crisis culminated in the March 2013 bailout agreement, President Anastasiades’ government decided to help the economy return to growth as early as possible by giving the construction sector a boost throughout 2014; avoiding unemployment rates sky rocketing to an all-time high of 20%. This also included a number of supply and demand boosting measures to the Cyprus property market.
European Commission Under Pressure to Crack Down on Golden Visa Schemes
Berlin-based non-governmental organisation Transparency International are putting pressure on the European Commission to create plans to allow for reporting and full disclosure of all passport schemes of member states that allow foreign investors to acquire either EU citizenship or residence permit.
Demand Generation Marketing for Medium-Large Companies: 100 - 1000 Clients
Demand Generation marketing efforts refer to the various marketing approaches companies of different sizes and stages of commerce need in order to drive attention, interest and retain clients. Essentially what turns a start-up to a sustainable large business that may have even have grown internationally.
Demand Generation Marketing for Small-Medium Businesses: 10 – 100 Clients
Demand Generation marketing efforts refer to the various marketing approaches companies of different sizes and stages of commerce need in order to drive attention and interest in products & services, to acquire clients. Essentially what turns a good idea into a sustainable business.
Demand Generation Marketing for New Businesses: 0 - 10 Clients
Demand Generation marketing efforts refer to the various marketing methods companies of different sizes and stages of commerce require in order to drive attention and interest in products & services, to acquire clients, essentially what turns a solid proposal into a sustainable business.
The Investigation of a Cyprus Company's Affairs: Application of the Law & Effectiveness
At the request of a Cyprus company’s Shareholder, where it is proven that a more comprehensive investigation is required regarding a company’s activities, the court can issue a declaration of investigation by an inspector appointed by the Cyprus Council of Ministers. The discretion of the court must be applied carefully; as such an order can heavily impact a company and depending on the outcome of the investigation, can be a severe measure that deviates from fundamental principles of Cyprus company law.
UK: The Current Problems with Money Laundering & the Violation of Anti-Money Laundering Regimes
The fact that money can be transferred from one jurisdiction to another means, that money laundering as a concept involves the entire modern world. Money laundering is a process during which the origin and purpose of payments are hidden and typically has three stages.