Costa Rica Sociedad Anonima – S.A - General Information
- A S.A. offers a high degree of privacy and anonymity
- 4 Members are required for a S.A – President, Secretary, Treasurer & Controller. Board Directors appear on public record.
- Shareholders do not appear on public record.
- Costa Rica is not a member of the Hague Convention therefore if a bank account is planned to be opened outside of Costa Rica then the corporate documents have to be legalized. Legalisation costs depend on the specific countries Consulates rates.
- Timescale of Incorporation – between 20-40 working days
- An S.A operates a territorial taxation principle; the company only pays taxes according to the income generated in Costa Rica.
- There are no reporting or accounting requirements
- Costa Rica is not considered an offshore entity and has a number of Free Trade Agreements in place (US, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Dominican Republic and the Caribbean). There are also negotiations underway with China and the EU
|· All Government License Fees
· Corporate documents in Spanish & Notarised English translation of main documents
· Registered Office Fee
· Registered Agent Fee
· Registering the company at the Revenue Office
· Company Stamp
· Courier Fees
|Bank Account Opening Fees:|
||To be confirmed – dependent upon bank & conditions
Quoted for on a case by case basis + Legalisation Fees
|Annual Renewal Fee:|
|· Registered Office
· Registered Agent
· Payment of Government Fees
· Presentation of Annual Tax Declaration
|Compliance service charges|
USD 60.00 – USD 120.00
FATF Releases Guidance for Virtual-Asset Service Providers Dealing with Crypto-currency
The June 2019 plenary session of the global Financial Action Task Force (FATF) ended with the issuance of a binding interpretive note for international regulation of virtual assets and virtual-asset service providers.