Costa Rica Sociedad Anonima – S.A - General Information
- A S.A. offers a high degree of privacy and anonymity
- 4 Members are required for a S.A – President, Secretary, Treasurer & Controller. Board Directors appear on public record.
- Shareholders do not appear on public record.
- Costa Rica is not a member of the Hague Convention therefore if a bank account is planned to be opened outside of Costa Rica then the corporate documents have to be legalized. Legalisation costs depend on the specific countries Consulates rates.
- Timescale of Incorporation – between 20-40 working days
- An S.A operates a territorial taxation principle; the company only pays taxes according to the income generated in Costa Rica.
- There are no reporting or accounting requirements
- Costa Rica is not considered an offshore entity and has a number of Free Trade Agreements in place (US, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Dominican Republic and the Caribbean). There are also negotiations underway with China and the EU
|· All Government License Fees
· Corporate documents in Spanish & Notarised English translation of main documents
· Registered Office Fee
· Registered Agent Fee
· Registering the company at the Revenue Office
· Company Stamp
· Courier Fees
|Bank Account Opening Fees:|
||To be confirmed – dependent upon bank & conditions
Quoted for on a case by case basis + Legalisation Fees
|Annual Renewal Fee:|
|· Registered Office
· Registered Agent
· Payment of Government Fees
· Presentation of Annual Tax Declaration
|Compliance service charges|
USD 60.00 – USD 120.00
The Investigation of a Cyprus Company's Affairs: Application of the Law & Effectiveness
At the request of a Cyprus company’s Shareholder, where it is proven that a more comprehensive investigation is required regarding a company’s activities, the court can issue a declaration of investigation by an inspector appointed by the Cyprus Council of Ministers. The discretion of the court must be applied carefully; as such an order can heavily impact a company and depending on the outcome of the investigation, can be a severe measure that deviates from fundamental principles of Cyprus company law.
UK: The Current Problems with Money Laundering & the Violation of Anti-Money Laundering Regimes
The fact that money can be transferred from one jurisdiction to another means, that money laundering as a concept involves the entire modern world. Money laundering is a process during which the origin and purpose of payments are hidden and typically has three stages.
Director’s Duties & Liability Insurance in Cyprus
This article will examine the role of a Director and his duties and liability insurance and D&O insurance liability accordingly with reference to the relevant case law.
Q&A: Singapore Small Company Concept for Audit Exemption
The following article will answer some commonly asked questions regarding Singapore small company auditing requirements and exemptions from ACRA.
Exemption from Audit: Singapore Small Company Criteria
Singapore Audit Requirements: running a company in most countries require auditing as a process to prove that everything is operating legitimately. Listed companies have a legal responsibility to go through audit in Singapore similarly.
EU: Cyprus Competitive Advantage at Risk with Tax Consolidation Reforms
Cyprus is likely to have repercussions as a result of Jean-Claude Juncker ’s favouring of a relaxation in EU regulation formation and monitoring schemes, reinforced by qualified majorities on matters including the additional synchronisation of blanket taxation rates across Europe.
Singapore Service Providers: How to Comply with the ACRA Reporting Requirements
As a result of the ACRA Amendment Act in 2014, Registered Filing Agents and Corporate Service Providers now have to conduct independent Anti-Money Laundering / Countering the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) reviews as part of their annual audit reviews.
Beginners Guide to Service Level Agreements: Important Information & Q&A
SLAs are a critical component of any outsourcing and technology vendor contract. Beyond listing expectations of service type and quality, an SLA provides remedies when requirements aren't met.