Requirements and administration guidelines
- There are no minimum capital requirements for a Cayman Islands Company
- Bearer shares can be issued but must be held by a Custodian approved by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority
- Registered shares can be held in an individual name or corporate body
- Shares may be issued with nominal or no par value
- A Cayman Islands Company can be formed with one shareholder
- Details of shareholders are not maintained on public record
- A minimum of one director is required
- Corporate directors are permitted
- Directors do not have to be shareholders or resident in the Cayman Islands
- Meeting required once a year on the island. Can be done by the appointment of proxies
Restrictions on Name & Activity:
- The company name must not contain any of the following; Bank, Building Society, Insurance, Fund Management, Asset Management or Trust.
- A registered office must be maintained
- It is customary to appoint a company secretary but not mandatory. A representative can act in the capacity of a company secretary
- The company secretary is not required to be a qualified secretary
- Can either be a corporate body or an individual
- The Confidential Relationship (Preservation) Law makes it a criminal offence to disclose or obtain confidential information in relation to Cayman Companies.
- Incorporation is quick and will usually take only a few days.
Important 2016 reporting deadlines for BVI Financial Institutions
Officials from the British Virgin Islands have come together to clarify various filing deadlines as per the automatic exchange of information systems in a press release.
Thinking of relocating your business to Singapore? Let us help you!
Singapore has quickly become one of the world's most prosperous countries with strong international trading links and per capita GDP equal to that of the leading nations in Western Europe, making it an ideal destination and potential location for Business Owners to relocate and start a new business and lifestyle.
How to register a branch in Cyprus
Overseas companies may register a branch in Cyprus, according to the Companies Law, Chapter 113, regulated by section 347. A branch will not essentially consider as being a new legal entity in Cyprus.
How to incorporate a company in Cyprus with the required documentation
Cyprus is the perfect location for incorporating an offshore or private company due to its simple incorporation procedures and agreeable tax structure. Below are the steps to company formation, the registration procedure, and all documentation required for incorporation:
To Brexit or not to Brexit?
To Brexit or not to Brexit - this has been the question of the year for Britain and with the referendum taking place imminently, just two options remain: leave the EU or stay in. Why has this been such a difficult decision to decide upon?
Selecting a Management Information System
A management information system or MIS is used to assist in the analyses and formulation of business strategy, as well as facilitating operational objectives. Selection of an MIS can help increase understanding and control in an organisation and can be scaled to suit the complexity of most modern businesses. If the right MIS is selected and it is implemented correctly it can provide a competitive advantage for the organisations utilising it.
Windows 10 update: having issues with the installation?
By now you have probably about Windows 10, the latest operating system developed by Microsoft.
Accounting support for a Cyprus company located in Russia
When expanding your business overseas, not only do you have to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and accounting standards, thought must also be given to the specific jurisdictions own rules and regulations.