Procedure of company registration
The BVI Business Company Act of 2004 (the BVI BC Act) replaced all existing legislation with regards to the legislation and regulations of offshore companies.
This has provided more credibility for the BVI as a place in which to locate an offshore company.
The procedure for the formation of a British Virgin Islands company is still fast and efficient.
For an Individual the following documents are required:
- An application form is completed with details of preferred name and details of beneficial Directors and Shareholders (nationality, country of residence, address, profession etc).
- A scanned and notarised copy of the passport of the beneficial directors and shareholders is required.
- A photocopy of another official document (such as Driving License, ID Card etc) notarised to confirm the copy is a true copy and the photo is a true likeness.
- An original proof of residence showing the name and address of the individua is required. This can be in the form of a utility bill or bank statement and must not be older than 3 months.
- One original letter of introduction is required. This letter can be from a bank, lawyer, accountant or similar profession.
- Completed and signed Beneficial Owners Declaration (BOD) by all Shareholders and Directors.
For a Company the following documents are required:
- Certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation.
- Certified copy of the Company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Certified copy of the Registered Shareholders with details of shares held by each.
- Certified copy of Register of Directors.
- Certified copy of the Register of Offices.
- For at least 2 Directors the documents set out in ‘Individual section’ above.
- At this point Eltoma will issue an invoice for a British Virgin Islands Company Formation. Upon receipt of money we start the incorporation process.
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association and any other associated documents required to register a BVI IBC are sent to the Registrar. The Memorandum of Association will include; the name of the company, the address of the registered office of the company, the function and objectives of the company, the share capital of the company and an explanation of liability.
- When the Memorandum of Association is accepted then a Certificate of Incorporation will be issued.
- The company’s Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association are required to be submitted to the Companies Regstry at the time of the company formation. No additional documents are required for incorporation. These documents will not state the identity of the Directors or Shareholders therefore maintaining confidentiality.
Panama Law 52: Updated legislation for all legal entities
Last month the Government in Panama officially approved Law Number 52; legislation which creates the regulatory framework for the implementation regarding automatically exchanging tax information, in a further attempt to comply with global regulations for tax transparency, and to be fully in line with all supervisory and compliance matters.
Important 2016 reporting deadlines for BVI Financial Institutions
Officials from the British Virgin Islands have come together to clarify various filing deadlines as per the automatic exchange of information systems in a press release.
Thinking of relocating your business to Singapore? Let us help you!
Singapore has quickly become one of the world's most prosperous countries with strong international trading links and per capita GDP equal to that of the leading nations in Western Europe, making it an ideal destination and potential location for Business Owners to relocate and start a new business and lifestyle.
How to register a branch in Cyprus
Overseas companies may register a branch in Cyprus, according to the Companies Law, Chapter 113, regulated by section 347. A branch will not essentially consider as being a new legal entity in Cyprus.
To Brexit or not to Brexit?
To Brexit or not to Brexit - this has been the question of the year for Britain and with the referendum taking place imminently, just two options remain: leave the EU or stay in. Why has this been such a difficult decision to decide upon?
Selecting a Management Information System
A management information system or MIS is used to assist in the analyses and formulation of business strategy, as well as facilitating operational objectives. Selection of an MIS can help increase understanding and control in an organisation and can be scaled to suit the complexity of most modern businesses. If the right MIS is selected and it is implemented correctly it can provide a competitive advantage for the organisations utilising it.
Windows 10 update: having issues with the installation?
By now you have probably about Windows 10, the latest operating system developed by Microsoft.
Accounting support for a Cyprus company located in Russia
When expanding your business overseas, not only do you have to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and accounting standards, thought must also be given to the specific jurisdictions own rules and regulations.