British Virgin Islands (BVI)Source image: Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina by Lheld1023 / CC by 2.0
The British Virgin Islands are located east of Purto Rico in the Caribbean. These British Dependent Territory islands are part of the Virgin Islands Archipelago which consist of over 50 islands and cays. The main islands are; Virgin Gorda, Tortola, Anegada and Jost Van Dyke. The capital is Road Town and which is located on Tortola (the main island) which is 20km long and 5km wide with a population of around 22,000.
The British Virgin Islands are among the most prosperous islands in the Caribbean, with the main source of revenue being tourism and the financial sector. With a politically stable government, a UK based system of law and English as the official language, the BVI is an attractive jurisdiction to register a company. The BVI is one of the world’s leading finance centres offering stability with a progressive and democratic society. The financial sector is responsible for just over 50% of total government revenues. The BVI is committed to retaining an investor’s right to privacy providing a professional banking sector with top quality legal, accounting and trust and management services.
The British Virgin Islands have been regulated by the independent Financial Services Commission since 2001. The BVI Financial Services Commission is the regulatory authority for all financial services operating in, or from within, the British Virgin Island. The FSC is dedicated to safeguarding the privacy and confidentiality of legitimate businesses whilst prohibiting any illegal or unauthorised business.
Since the adoption of the BVI International Business Companies Ordinance in 1984 there have been over 450,000 companies incorporated, demonstrating the dominance of the British Virgin Islands as a major offshore jurisdiction.The British Virgin Islands are a stable, established, tax efficient jurisdiction in which to incorporate.
Benefits of registering a company in BVI:
- All documents and legislation are in the official business language of English.
- The incorporation time for a BVI company is short and any future administration simple and cost-efficient.
- A BVI company offers a high level of privacy and confidentiality.
- There are no requirement to pay capital gains, inheritance taxes or death duties.
- No dividends, interest or royalties are required to be paid.
- Registered or bearer shares are permitted.
- Only one Director and Shareholder are required. The Directors and Shareholders can be any nationality and are not required to be resident in the BVI.
- There is no requirement for an annual meeting to be held. If board meetings are required they can be held anywhere in the world.
- Directors can be individual or corporate bodies.
- There is no requirement to register initial or ongoing changes in Directors and Shareholders.
- There are lenient accounting and auditing requirements.
- No foreign exchange controls exist.
- Corporate bank accounts can be opened without being present at the bank.
How to Set-up a Beneficial ICO in Singapore
Singapore is a key cryptocurrency industry player, positioning itself as a global hub for cryptocurrency and blockchain-based companies and start-ups. Singapore provides a well-regulated legal framework as well as all the benefits of a stable financial centre with a reliable reputation, excellent banking system and low tax rate.