Company Administration Guidelines
- There is no minimum capital requirement for a BVI IBC.
- An unlimited number of shares is permitted. Bearer shares are permitted but are subject. to a custodian service and also a higher government license fee.
- Can be formed with one shareholder who can also act as the director.
- The use of nominee shareholders is permitted.
- A minimum of one director is required, can also act as a shareholder if required.
- Directors can be either individuals or corporate entities.
- Directors must now file all particulars online as per Section 118B of the BVI Business Companies Act.
Restrictions on Name & Activity:
- The company name must not be identical or similar to any existing name.
- A registered office in the BVI must be maintained. The following documents are required to be kept at the registered office; Memorandum and Articles of Association and any amendments, Copy of Register of Members or Share Register, Copy of Registered Directors, Impression of the Corporate Seal, Register of Changes. A company is considered resident if it has a registered office in the BVI.
- There is no requirement to hold annual meetings. If required meetings can be held anywhere in the world.
- A company secretary is not a mandatory requirement for incorporating a BVI IBC.
- The Register of Members and resolutions by the company do not appear on public record.
- Details of the company’s beneficial owners, directors and shareholders do not have to be made publicly available.
- The only documents held on public record are the Memorandum and Articles of Association which do not contain any details of beneficial directors or shareholders.
The incorporation of a BVI company is very quick and will take approximately two days.
Panama Law 52: Updated legislation for all legal entities
Last month the Government in Panama officially approved Law Number 52; legislation which creates the regulatory framework for the implementation regarding automatically exchanging tax information, in a further attempt to comply with global regulations for tax transparency, and to be fully in line with all supervisory and compliance matters.
Important 2016 reporting deadlines for BVI Financial Institutions
Officials from the British Virgin Islands have come together to clarify various filing deadlines as per the automatic exchange of information systems in a press release.
Thinking of relocating your business to Singapore? Let us help you!
Singapore has quickly become one of the world's most prosperous countries with strong international trading links and per capita GDP equal to that of the leading nations in Western Europe, making it an ideal destination and potential location for Business Owners to relocate and start a new business and lifestyle.
How to register a branch in Cyprus
Overseas companies may register a branch in Cyprus, according to the Companies Law, Chapter 113, regulated by section 347. A branch will not essentially consider as being a new legal entity in Cyprus.
To Brexit or not to Brexit?
To Brexit or not to Brexit - this has been the question of the year for Britain and with the referendum taking place imminently, just two options remain: leave the EU or stay in. Why has this been such a difficult decision to decide upon?
Selecting a Management Information System
A management information system or MIS is used to assist in the analyses and formulation of business strategy, as well as facilitating operational objectives. Selection of an MIS can help increase understanding and control in an organisation and can be scaled to suit the complexity of most modern businesses. If the right MIS is selected and it is implemented correctly it can provide a competitive advantage for the organisations utilising it.
Windows 10 update: having issues with the installation?
By now you have probably about Windows 10, the latest operating system developed by Microsoft.
Accounting support for a Cyprus company located in Russia
When expanding your business overseas, not only do you have to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and accounting standards, thought must also be given to the specific jurisdictions own rules and regulations.