A Belize International Business Company is formed under the 1990 Belize IBC Act and is considered one of the most modern and user friendly offshore jurisdictions available. A Belize IBC is an ideal corporate vehicle for international financial transactions, as the regulations and processes have been designed with the offshore investor in mind. Belize’s laws facilitate fast and effective incorporations and are the ideal jurisdiction for small, start-up international businesses.
There are a number of benefits attached to incorporating a Belize IBC.
These are listed below:
- The time scale of incorporating a Belize IBC very quick taking approximately 2 business days to incorporate an offshore company (appostille of Belize company incorporation documents takes up to 3 working days which follows the incorporation of an offshore company in Belize).
- Low cost of a Belize company incorporation (it is only USD $930, including all government fees, a Belize company incorporation set with appostille, rubber stamp, first minutes and courier delivery) and maintenance (USD $450 paid annually, including registered office, registered agent and government fees).
- Belize IBC’s offer a high degree of privacy. Client confidentiality is entrenched in business and corporate legislation. In terms of potential risk of information disclosure to foreign governments Belize is probably one of the securest and most confidential of offshore jurisdictions.
- No tax at all except for annual government fees (USD $100), which has to be paid on time to keep a Belize offshore company registered.
- Belize IBC’s are free from any reporting requirements including annual audits.
- No requirement for a company secretary.
- A bank account can be open for an offshore company in Belize without Directors being present.
Beginners guide to Service Level Agreements: important information & Q&A
SLAs are a critical component of any outsourcing and technology vendor contract. Beyond listing expectations of service type and quality, an SLA provides remedies when requirements aren't met.
Crypto currencies becoming increasingly overly regulated as governments impose more guidelines
Crypto currencies have exploded in popularity in recent years, thanks to innovation in block chain, the distributed ledger technology underpinning those virtual tokens such as bitcoin. That has led to a red-hot fundraising trend where start-ups are pulling in millions of dollars in capital by issuing virtual coins to investors in exchange for money.
Initial Coin Offering, definition and regulation
Initial Coin Offerings (“ICO”) have gained increasing attention by crypto currency users, the media and the regulators. The rising price of Bitcoin, one of the most widely known and used crypto currencies, along with fraud scandals in different countries, have raised attention by the public and concern by the regulators. It is important for us that our clients and our professional team understand crypto currencies and ICOs to be able to make intelligent and well-informed decisions.
Seychelles IBC Act 2016: Action for all companies required
The requirement to file and maintain a list of Directors and Beneficial Owners for all Seychelles companies or International Business Companies “IBCs” registered under the International Business Companies Act 2016 has been introduced to as a way to increase the transparency of all Seychelles international businesses for tax and money laundering purposes
Passport schemes: countries that allow foreign nationals to acquire citizenship through investment
There are many factors that influence an investor to obtain a second citizenship in another country. Aspects such as relocation, retirement, security or even long-term plans for future generations are all benefits and considerations in the prospectus for investment. Several countries now offer this option through different investment schemes.
The Tier 1 Investor Visa: are the UK government checking candidates' source of wealth? Evidently not..
One of many legal disputes resulting from the recent infamous Kazakhstan BTA bank fraud case has shed new light on a little-known immigration scheme colloquially known as the golden visa scheme and officially called a Tier 1 Investor visa in the UK; the scheme grants investors residency in exchange for spending £2m in UK bonds or shares through a bank, with applicants eligible for to remain indefinitely, with full citizenship after five years.
EU release list of tax havens & blacklisted jurisdictions for the first time
In an attempt to recover the approximate 600B euros lost within various EU countries to tax evasion schemes each year; the European Union has released its first official blacklist naming 17 jurisdictions that have failed to meet international standards of implementing sufficient regulations and transparency measures.
A beginners guide to filing capital statements in Cyprus
This article details a beginners guide to capital statements; what to include in them, what the figures mean and how to understand and interpret them; avoiding common pitfalls many individuals experience along the way with filing their own.. Capital statements (also referred to as wealth statements) are similar to profit & loss sheets for a company except capital statements are typically used to measure and record an individual’s finances using an official document accumulated on differing dates.