Procedure of company registration
In order to register a Limited Liability Company the following is required to be submitted to the Register Court:
- Public Deed of Incorporation executed before a Notary Public.
- Declaration of all members of the board of directors stating that either cash contributions or contributions in kind have been made to the company on registration.
- Evidence of appointment of the first officers of the company, together with a list of persons, if they have not been appointed by the deed of company formation.
- Statement of the shareholders, specifying the full names of individual shareholders or corporate name of the shareholders detailing the number and value of shares held by each and signed by the Board of Management.
- Specimen signatures of the members of Board of Directors made in the presence of a court or certified by a notary.
The incorporation process can take between 2-3 months however Eltoma Corporate Services recommend purchasing a shelf company to avoid the long timeframe involved with incorporation. If a shelf company is being purchased a visit to Poland is required in order to complete formalities. The Company can be transferred with a Power of Attorney however there is a charge attached to this (see below) and also the timescale for transfer will take longer, approximately 2 weeks to complete.
Opening a Bank Account in Poland:
Poland is a strong regional center for the international banking community and many major institutions have a presence in Warsaw however opening a bank account in Poland requires a visit to ensure account opening. If you require any additional information please contact Eltoma Corporate Services.
CJEU: Defines Key Definitions for Tax & Beneficial Ownership Purposes
Last month, the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) issued a series of important judgments dealing with tax avoidance and beneficial ownership in the context of the EU Parent-Subsidiary Directive (PSD) and the Interest and Royalties Directive (IRD).