New Zealand consists of several islands; the North and South Island plus a number of smaller islands. The capital and seat of government is based in Wellington in the North Island and the overall population is around 4.5 million.
New Zealand has a progressive economy based largely upon banking and finance. In the last 30 years the country has experienced significant structural reform and economic liberalism. There have been several reforms such as the removal of exchange controls allowing the free flow of capital in and out of the country. The government has also implemented various incentives in order to encourage greater investment in New Zealand.
Key benefits of New Zealand:
- New Zealand is a safe, stable and secure country which offers considerable benefits.
- The New Zealand legal system is based on English Common Law
- New Zealand is a full member of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. (OECD)
- New Zealand has an efficient market driven economy with business stability, extensive free trade agreements and active government support for investors.
- New Zealand is perceived as being a legitimate tax jurisdiction whilst providing many advantages of an offshore jurisdiction.
- New Zealand is consistently rated as one of the best places in the world in which to do business
- New Zealand is the first western country to complete a Free Trade agreement with China., The New Zealand China Free Trade Agreement.
- Ease of access to Australia is guaranteed through open market trade agreements.
The Companies Act 1993 governs the creation of a company. These can take the following form:
- Partnerships – Limited Partnership regime is governed by the Limited Partnership Act 2008.
- Joint Ventures
- Foreign Branches
The most common form of entity for foreign investors is the limited liability company.
Russian citizens can gain Cyprus tax residency by staying only 60 days on island, whats the catch?
Cyprus is once again working to improve its economic desirability and will be able to increase its alternative business base for Russians with good creditworthiness.
Cyprus tax department releases new guidance on CRS deadlines and the online portal
The Cyprus Tax Department has released a notification to all Cyprus based Financial Institutions & Service Providers of the new guidance notes on the Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information and other information relating to the Common Reporting Standard (CRS).
Hong Kong establishes AEOI agreement with Indonesia
Last week, Hong Kong finalised and signed an agreement with Indonesia to allow for the automatic exchange of financial information (AEOI) regarding all tax matters.
New requirement for Scottish LPs to disclose all PSC information to the Companies House
The legislation for Scottish Limited Partnerships have changed regarding the disclosure of information. Going forward, Scottish LPs will have to register all information about PSCs and Business Owners with the UK Companies House from July 24th 2017.
Key amendments to the Singapore Companies Act
Significant changes to the commercial and company law in Singapore have come into effect. The changes to the Singapore Companies Act will hopefully make business entities more transparent as well as mitigating the risks of money laundering and terrorist financing.
Panama Law 52: Updated legislation for all legal entities
Last month the Government in Panama officially approved Law Number 52; legislation which creates the regulatory framework for the implementation regarding automatically exchanging tax information, in a further attempt to comply with global regulations for tax transparency, and to be fully in line with all supervisory and compliance matters.
Important 2016 reporting deadlines for BVI Financial Institutions
Officials from the British Virgin Islands have come together to clarify various filing deadlines as per the automatic exchange of information systems in a press release.
Thinking of relocating your business to Singapore? Let us help you!
Singapore has quickly become one of the world's most prosperous countries with strong international trading links and per capita GDP equal to that of the leading nations in Western Europe, making it an ideal destination and potential location for Business Owners to relocate and start a new business and lifestyle.