New Zealand consists of several islands; the North and South Island plus a number of smaller islands. The capital and seat of government is based in Wellington in the North Island and the overall population is around 4.5 million.
New Zealand has a progressive economy based largely upon banking and finance. In the last 30 years the country has experienced significant structural reform and economic liberalism. There have been several reforms such as the removal of exchange controls allowing the free flow of capital in and out of the country. The government has also implemented various incentives in order to encourage greater investment in New Zealand.
Key benefits of New Zealand:
- New Zealand is a safe, stable and secure country which offers considerable benefits.
- The New Zealand legal system is based on English Common Law
- New Zealand is a full member of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. (OECD)
- New Zealand has an efficient market driven economy with business stability, extensive free trade agreements and active government support for investors.
- New Zealand is perceived as being a legitimate tax jurisdiction whilst providing many advantages of an offshore jurisdiction.
- New Zealand is consistently rated as one of the best places in the world in which to do business
- New Zealand is the first western country to complete a Free Trade agreement with China., The New Zealand China Free Trade Agreement.
- Ease of access to Australia is guaranteed through open market trade agreements.
The Companies Act 1993 governs the creation of a company. These can take the following form:
- Partnerships – Limited Partnership regime is governed by the Limited Partnership Act 2008.
- Joint Ventures
- Foreign Branches
The most common form of entity for foreign investors is the limited liability company.
Important 2016 reporting deadlines for BVI Financial Institutions
Officials from the British Virgin Islands have come together to clarify various filing deadlines as per the automatic exchange of information systems in a press release.
Thinking of relocating your business to Singapore? Let us help you!
Singapore has quickly become one of the world's most prosperous countries with strong international trading links and per capita GDP equal to that of the leading nations in Western Europe, making it an ideal destination and potential location for Business Owners to relocate and start a new business and lifestyle.
How to register a branch in Cyprus
Overseas companies may register a branch in Cyprus, according to the Companies Law, Chapter 113, regulated by section 347. A branch will not essentially consider as being a new legal entity in Cyprus.
How to incorporate a company in Cyprus with the required documentation
Cyprus is the perfect location for incorporating an offshore or private company due to its simple incorporation procedures and agreeable tax structure. Below are the steps to company formation, the registration procedure, and all documentation required for incorporation:
To Brexit or not to Brexit?
To Brexit or not to Brexit - this has been the question of the year for Britain and with the referendum taking place imminently, just two options remain: leave the EU or stay in. Why has this been such a difficult decision to decide upon?
Selecting a Management Information System
A management information system or MIS is used to assist in the analyses and formulation of business strategy, as well as facilitating operational objectives. Selection of an MIS can help increase understanding and control in an organisation and can be scaled to suit the complexity of most modern businesses. If the right MIS is selected and it is implemented correctly it can provide a competitive advantage for the organisations utilising it.
Windows 10 update: having issues with the installation?
By now you have probably about Windows 10, the latest operating system developed by Microsoft.
Accounting support for a Cyprus company located in Russia
When expanding your business overseas, not only do you have to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and accounting standards, thought must also be given to the specific jurisdictions own rules and regulations.