Malaysia is located in Southeast Asia, consists of 13 States and 3 Federal Territories and boarders Thailand, Indonesia and Brunei. With a population exceeding 27 million Malaysia is one of the fastest and most stable developing regions in Asia. Malaysia has evolved from a raw material producing economy to a dynamic, emerging multi-sector economy which includes hi-tech and medical and pharmaceutical industries in addition to possessing a thriving oil and gas industry.
Growth has been slowing in Malaysia recently with GDP decreasing from 7.2% in 2010 to 5.1% in 2011. This is mainly due to the impact from the on-going Eurozone crisis however Malaysia remains a buoyant economy with the domestic sector driving growth leading Malaysia to become increasingly less influenced by global economic impacts.
The banking sector in Malaysia has developed in recent years to become a robust pillar of the financial system. Spurred on by competitive pressures in the region and financial liberalization the banking system has advanced which has contributed to ensuring numerous international banks are located in Malaysia.
Key benefits of Malaysia:
- Malaysia has been placed on the ‘White List’ of jurisdiction as the OECD has recognized Malaysia as having implemented the required tax related standards.
- Proactive policies by the government ensure Malaysia provides numerous opportunities for growth
- The Corporate Tax Rate in Malaysia is 27% and in addition to this the government offers a wide range of benefits, specifically in relation to manufacturing.
- Malaysia is ranked as the 21st most competitive economy in the 2011 World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Yearbook.
- Malaysia has a liberal exchange control system which enables businesses to deal freely in foreign exchange with very little restrictions
- Malaysia has a developed and stable banking system with many international banks located in the country.
- Malaysia offers a young, educated and competitively priced workforce.
- Malaysia has a well-developed infrastructure in relation to other newly industrialized countries in Asia.
Please contact us if you require our Malaysia Fact Sheet and Fee Schedule.
Panama Law 52: Updated legislation for all legal entities
Last month the Government in Panama officially approved Law Number 52; legislation which creates the regulatory framework for the implementation regarding automatically exchanging tax information, in a further attempt to comply with global regulations for tax transparency, and to be fully in line with all supervisory and compliance matters.
Important 2016 reporting deadlines for BVI Financial Institutions
Officials from the British Virgin Islands have come together to clarify various filing deadlines as per the automatic exchange of information systems in a press release.
Thinking of relocating your business to Singapore? Let us help you!
Singapore has quickly become one of the world's most prosperous countries with strong international trading links and per capita GDP equal to that of the leading nations in Western Europe, making it an ideal destination and potential location for Business Owners to relocate and start a new business and lifestyle.
How to register a branch in Cyprus
Overseas companies may register a branch in Cyprus, according to the Companies Law, Chapter 113, regulated by section 347. A branch will not essentially consider as being a new legal entity in Cyprus.
To Brexit or not to Brexit?
To Brexit or not to Brexit - this has been the question of the year for Britain and with the referendum taking place imminently, just two options remain: leave the EU or stay in. Why has this been such a difficult decision to decide upon?
Selecting a Management Information System
A management information system or MIS is used to assist in the analyses and formulation of business strategy, as well as facilitating operational objectives. Selection of an MIS can help increase understanding and control in an organisation and can be scaled to suit the complexity of most modern businesses. If the right MIS is selected and it is implemented correctly it can provide a competitive advantage for the organisations utilising it.
Windows 10 update: having issues with the installation?
By now you have probably about Windows 10, the latest operating system developed by Microsoft.
Accounting support for a Cyprus company located in Russia
When expanding your business overseas, not only do you have to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and accounting standards, thought must also be given to the specific jurisdictions own rules and regulations.