The Republic of Latvia is located in the Baltic Region of Northern Europe and is bordered by Lithuania, Estonia, Belarus and the Russian Federation. Latvia is a full member of the EU, United Nations, NATO, the World Trade Organisation and is part of the Schengen area.
After the economic stagnation of the early 1990’s Latvia posted high GDP growth figures during 1998-2006. During the global financial crisis of 2008-2010 Latvia was one of the hardest hit of the EU member states with a GDP decline of 26.54% during the period. By 2011 Latvia had started to recover and continues to show signs of growth.
Key benefits of Latvia:
- Latvia is a full member of the European Union
- Latvian legislation is liberal than other EU Member countries and the process of incorporating is relatively cheap and quick in comparison with other member states.
- If structured correctly a Latvian company can act as a tax efficient subsidiary for an EU parent company under the EU Parent/Subsidiary Directive. 100% foreign ownership is permitted with Latvia company formation.
- Only 1 director and shareholder is required, there is no requirement for a local director.
- Latvia is has a highly educated, multi-lingual and motivated workforce
- According to the World Banks 2011 Doing Business Survey Latvia is ranked as the 24th easiest place to do business
- The 2012 Index of Economic Freedom by the Heritage Foundation ranks Latvia as the 50th freest economy in terms of investment freedom and capital flow.
Panama Law 52: Updated legislation for all legal entities
Last month the Government in Panama officially approved Law Number 52; legislation which creates the regulatory framework for the implementation regarding automatically exchanging tax information, in a further attempt to comply with global regulations for tax transparency, and to be fully in line with all supervisory and compliance matters.
Important 2016 reporting deadlines for BVI Financial Institutions
Officials from the British Virgin Islands have come together to clarify various filing deadlines as per the automatic exchange of information systems in a press release.
Thinking of relocating your business to Singapore? Let us help you!
Singapore has quickly become one of the world's most prosperous countries with strong international trading links and per capita GDP equal to that of the leading nations in Western Europe, making it an ideal destination and potential location for Business Owners to relocate and start a new business and lifestyle.
How to register a branch in Cyprus
Overseas companies may register a branch in Cyprus, according to the Companies Law, Chapter 113, regulated by section 347. A branch will not essentially consider as being a new legal entity in Cyprus.
To Brexit or not to Brexit?
To Brexit or not to Brexit - this has been the question of the year for Britain and with the referendum taking place imminently, just two options remain: leave the EU or stay in. Why has this been such a difficult decision to decide upon?
Selecting a Management Information System
A management information system or MIS is used to assist in the analyses and formulation of business strategy, as well as facilitating operational objectives. Selection of an MIS can help increase understanding and control in an organisation and can be scaled to suit the complexity of most modern businesses. If the right MIS is selected and it is implemented correctly it can provide a competitive advantage for the organisations utilising it.
Windows 10 update: having issues with the installation?
By now you have probably about Windows 10, the latest operating system developed by Microsoft.
Accounting support for a Cyprus company located in Russia
When expanding your business overseas, not only do you have to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and accounting standards, thought must also be given to the specific jurisdictions own rules and regulations.