IndonesiaSource image: / CC by 2.0
Indonesia which is an ASEAN member country lies on the crosslink of two continents, Asia and Australia, as well as two oceans, the Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean. Indonesia is the fourth most populous nation in the world after China, India and the United States. Over two thirds of the population resides in Java, the center of the country’s economic and political power. The Indonesian national motto “Unity in Diversity” points to one of the greatest attractions of Indonesia. There are some 300 ethnic groups, a result of both the country’s unique geography and history. Many Indonesians may see themselves first by their ethnic and cultural group and secondly as Indonesians. The glue that binds the people together is the usage of the Bahasa Indonesia, the national language, and Pancasila, the national philosophy, which stresses the doctrine of unity and universal justice for all Indonesians.
Indonesia is also the third fastest growing economy in Asia and the largest economy in Southeast Asia. With stable politics and strong economy, Indonesia is known to be the emerging power house in Asia. Indonesia’s economic policies are on a firm footing, so are its measures to attract foreign investment.
Indonesia, being a market oriented open economy, with free foreign currency exchange regime, its government realizes that investment is one fundamental factor in accelerating economy; hence they make serious efforts on fixing investment procedures to stimulate the more advantageous investment climate.
- Most lines of businesses are open for foreigners.
- Foreigners can hold up to 100% shares in many lines of businesses.
- There is no requirement for a local director or shareholder, which means all directors can be foreigners
- There is no requirement for a company secretary
- Private company with turnover of less than USD 5 million is exempt from audit
- Equal treatment for domestic and foreign investors.
- Indonesia company formation permits entrepreneurs access to a network of double taxation treaties with countries including Australia, France, Germany, Singapore, South Africa, the US and the UK.
- The Indonesian economy is ranked as the 46th-most competitive economy in the world, according to the World Economic Forum’s Global
- An Indonesian company can be 100% foreign-owned and controlled.
- An Indonesia Representative Office can also be 100% foreign-owned and controlled, but is not permitted to make direct sales in Indonesia.
- Mandatory divestment is no longer applicable and the business license obtained will remain valid as long as the company continues in operations.
- Establishing a company in Indonesia is a highly bureaucratic process, but nonetheless a process that has become relatively easier over the past few years. The first step in this rather complex process is the obtaining of an Investment Approval from the Investment Coordination Board. This approval process is nowadays relatively quick, and can be completed in as little as 14 days in some investment board offices.
Cyprus vs Malta: Tax & Investment Considerations
Malta and Cyprus undeniably have the most favourable citizenship by investment programmes in Europe. Many individuals are using such schemes as a means of significant wealth protection and gaining dual nationality; while smaller economies within the EU receive financial compensation for the privilege.
How the Cyprus Passport Scheme is Really Affecting Banks & the Economy
When Cyprus’ fiscal and banking crisis culminated in the March 2013 bailout agreement, President Anastasiades’ government decided to help the economy return to growth as early as possible by giving the construction sector a boost throughout 2014; avoiding unemployment rates sky rocketing to an all-time high of 20%. This also included a number of supply and demand boosting measures to the Cyprus property market.
European Commission Under Pressure to Crack Down on Golden Visa Schemes
Berlin-based non-governmental organisation Transparency International are putting pressure on the European Commission to create plans to allow for reporting and full disclosure of all passport schemes of member states that allow foreign investors to acquire either EU citizenship or residence permit.
Demand Generation Marketing for Medium-Large Companies: 100 - 1000 Clients
Demand Generation marketing efforts refer to the various marketing approaches companies of different sizes and stages of commerce need in order to drive attention, interest and retain clients. Essentially what turns a start-up to a sustainable large business that may have even have grown internationally.
Demand Generation Marketing for Small-Medium Businesses: 10 – 100 Clients
Demand Generation marketing efforts refer to the various marketing approaches companies of different sizes and stages of commerce need in order to drive attention and interest in products & services, to acquire clients. Essentially what turns a good idea into a sustainable business.
Demand Generation Marketing for New Businesses: 0 - 10 Clients
Demand Generation marketing efforts refer to the various marketing methods companies of different sizes and stages of commerce require in order to drive attention and interest in products & services, to acquire clients, essentially what turns a solid proposal into a sustainable business.
The Investigation of a Cyprus Company's Affairs: Application of the Law & Effectiveness
At the request of a Cyprus company’s Shareholder, where it is proven that a more comprehensive investigation is required regarding a company’s activities, the court can issue a declaration of investigation by an inspector appointed by the Cyprus Council of Ministers. The discretion of the court must be applied carefully; as such an order can heavily impact a company and depending on the outcome of the investigation, can be a severe measure that deviates from fundamental principles of Cyprus company law.
UK: The Current Problems with Money Laundering & the Violation of Anti-Money Laundering Regimes
The fact that money can be transferred from one jurisdiction to another means, that money laundering as a concept involves the entire modern world. Money laundering is a process during which the origin and purpose of payments are hidden and typically has three stages.