Requirements and administration guidelines
As mentioned previously, due to the differences in the types of companies that can be formed the below is only a very basic overview of the company administration guidelines. Eltoma can advise on an individual basis providing you with specific information tailored to your requirements.
- WFOE Minimum Registered Capital – RMB 100,000 – RMB 500,000 (approx. US$15,000 – US$75,000) is the minimum capital requirement
- WFOE – Between 1 – 50 shareholders allowed. Public offering of shares are prohibited
- JV Minimum Registered Capital - A minimum of 25% of the capital must be contributed by the foreign partner
- JV - Drawn up by agreement dependent on capital invested
- WFOE – The WFOE must designate a single director or a board of directors who will act for the initial term of office, as set out in the Articles of Association
- JV- Directors appointed by the parties in general proportion to the investors respective equity shares
- All companies in China must have a physical office address at which the company is registered. They are prohibited from using a virtual address.
- WFOE - At least one individual who is not a Director must act as a WFOE Supervisor
- WFOE – One individual must be designated as the legal representative in the formation of documents.
- JV - A legal representative is required
- This is dependent on the complexity of the business and the negotiations required.
The Belize IBC Amendment Act 2017: 3 notable changes for businesses
Belize has amended its International Business Companies Act. These changes were to maintain its financial services industry in the increasingly regulated international market & meet the OECD white list requirements.
Cryptocurrency & ICOs as securities & virtual commodities as per Hong Kong law
The Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission has remarked upon the growth and popularity of Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) for raising money not only in Hong Kong but other Asian countries. This article confirms and explains how digital tokens that are offered or sold may be defined as "securities" and as such are therefore governed by the relevant securities legislation of Hong Kong.
New licensing regulations for Trusts & Service Providers in Hong Kong
As per new regulations, all Hong Kong businesses providing Trustee Services, including Corporate Service Providers will not be able to operate without a valid trading license after March the 1st 2018. The new scheme is designed to better regulate individuals carrying out services within the financial sphere in Hong Kong and will be overseen and administered by the Hong Kong Companies Registry.
The terms of Hong Kong's new register of significant controllers and what it means for companies
As per new legislation, from March 1st 2018, every company incorporated in Hong Kong will be required to keep and maintain a register of all persons who have significant control of the company. The record must be updated as required and kept at the registered company address, even if there are no persons of significant control.
The pros & cons of European Passport-by-Investment schemes
In a bid to rebuild the dwindling economy in Cyprus shortly after the financial crisis four years ago, the government launched a passport-by-investment program to temp wealthy foreigners with citizenship in exchange for an investment of no less than €2 million into the Cyprus economy.
Using the Cyprus Non-Dom scheme for beneficial tax planning
In an attempt to improve and simplify the Cyprus tax system as well as to remain a highly compliant and attractive jurisdiction, the introduction of the non-domicile (shortened to Non-Dom) scheme aims to give Cyprus a competitive edge over other jurisdictions.
How are Cyprus banks handling the island's high rate of NPLs? Can more be done to combat them?
It is no secret that the Cyprus banking sector is struggling with the overwhelming level of Non-Performing Loans (NPLs), no matter the efforts exerted by the main banks in Cyprus by following conventional banking models to balance their profit/loss reports, NPLs remain to be the proverbial hole in the bucket.
Income tax exemptions for expats living in Cyprus: what are your options?
Situated in the Eastern Mediterranean, the Republic of Cyprus boasts a strategic geographical location at the hub of three continents; Europe, Asia and Africa and a pleasant sunny climate year round.