Requirements and administration guidelines
As mentioned previously, due to the differences in the types of companies that can be formed the below is only a very basic overview of the company administration guidelines. Eltoma can advise on an individual basis providing you with specific information tailored to your requirements.
- WFOE Minimum Registered Capital – RMB 100,000 – RMB 500,000 (approx. US$15,000 – US$75,000) is the minimum capital requirement
- WFOE – Between 1 – 50 shareholders allowed. Public offering of shares are prohibited
- JV Minimum Registered Capital - A minimum of 25% of the capital must be contributed by the foreign partner
- JV - Drawn up by agreement dependent on capital invested
- WFOE – The WFOE must designate a single director or a board of directors who will act for the initial term of office, as set out in the Articles of Association
- JV- Directors appointed by the parties in general proportion to the investors respective equity shares
- All companies in China must have a physical office address at which the company is registered. They are prohibited from using a virtual address.
- WFOE - At least one individual who is not a Director must act as a WFOE Supervisor
- WFOE – One individual must be designated as the legal representative in the formation of documents.
- JV - A legal representative is required
- This is dependent on the complexity of the business and the negotiations required.
Creating Physical Presence & Capital Requirements for Cyprus Shell Company Crackdown
Recently, the Cyprus Central Bank issued guidance to banks & credit institutions, advising them of the new mandatory refusal to take on new clients or to continue servicing existing accounts with so-called shell or letter-box companies.
How the UK is Combating Offshore Culture & How it Could be Doing More
Typical tax haven destinations such as BVI, Jersey and Switzerland have always been in the spotlight from profiting off of helping clients circumvent legislation in their jurisdiction of residence for decades.
Nevis: The Offshore Tax Haven Nation of the World
In the world of offshore, Nevis specialises in letting its clients create corporations with greater anonymity than almost anywhere else on earth. Since 2012, the island’s financial services sector has grown exponentially, as those wishing to retain anonymity relocated to a place that promises just that. However, with ever-expanding counter legislation cropping up globally, how can Nevis continue to host such controversial services?
Expert Opinion on Cyprus’ New Borrower Incentives to Reduce the Islands NPLs
The Cyprus Ministry of Finance has released a statement regarding the IMF (the International Monetary Fund) & the European Commission is recommending Bills regarding the islands longstanding issue with Non-Performing Loans.
Keeping Europe Up-to-date with the Latest Legal & Financial Technology
The financial world is undergoing a technological revolution, with approximately 3 trillion financial deals entered into using digital ledger technology (DLT) and smart contracts within the next five years.
FATCA: Foreign Financial Institutions & NFFE’s
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), which was passed as part of the HIRE Act, was implemented to able foreign financial Institutions and certain other non-financial foreign entities to report on the foreign assets held by their US-based account holders or be subject to withholding tax on the relevant payments.
ICOs: A Smart Business Decision or Just a Risky Investment?
There are many financial experts voicing their concerns over ICOs being too much of a risky investment, however should we be so quick to dismiss ICOs as a legitimate vehicle? ICOs can be used as a substitute for Venture Capital funding due to parallels in the phase of company’s lifespan and risk profiles, which give potential opportunities for future start-ups and companies.
How Initial Coin Offerings Differ from Initial Public Offerings
Since the hectic and intense ecosphere of the cryptocurrency ventures conception, a new sphere has caught investors’ attention from all over the world, being coined ICOs or Initial Coin Offerings.