Requirements and administration guidelines
As mentioned previously, due to the differences in the types of companies that can be formed the below is only a very basic overview of the company administration guidelines. Eltoma can advise on an individual basis providing you with specific information tailored to your requirements.
- WFOE Minimum Registered Capital – RMB 100,000 – RMB 500,000 (approx. US$15,000 – US$75,000) is the minimum capital requirement
- WFOE – Between 1 – 50 shareholders allowed. Public offering of shares are prohibited
- JV Minimum Registered Capital - A minimum of 25% of the capital must be contributed by the foreign partner
- JV - Drawn up by agreement dependent on capital invested
- WFOE – The WFOE must designate a single director or a board of directors who will act for the initial term of office, as set out in the Articles of Association
- JV- Directors appointed by the parties in general proportion to the investors respective equity shares
- All companies in China must have a physical office address at which the company is registered. They are prohibited from using a virtual address.
- WFOE - At least one individual who is not a Director must act as a WFOE Supervisor
- WFOE – One individual must be designated as the legal representative in the formation of documents.
- JV - A legal representative is required
- This is dependent on the complexity of the business and the negotiations required.
Russian citizens can gain Cyprus tax residency by staying only 60 days on island, whats the catch?
Cyprus is once again working to improve its economic desirability and will be able to increase its alternative business base for Russians with good creditworthiness.
Cyprus tax department releases new guidance on CRS deadlines and the online portal
The Cyprus Tax Department has released a notification to all Cyprus based Financial Institutions & Service Providers of the new guidance notes on the Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information and other information relating to the Common Reporting Standard (CRS).
Hong Kong establishes AEOI agreement with Indonesia
Last week, Hong Kong finalised and signed an agreement with Indonesia to allow for the automatic exchange of financial information (AEOI) regarding all tax matters.
New requirement for Scottish LPs to disclose all PSC information to the Companies House
The legislation for Scottish Limited Partnerships have changed regarding the disclosure of information. Going forward, Scottish LPs will have to register all information about PSCs and Business Owners with the UK Companies House from July 24th 2017.
Key amendments to the Singapore Companies Act
Significant changes to the commercial and company law in Singapore have come into effect. The changes to the Singapore Companies Act will hopefully make business entities more transparent as well as mitigating the risks of money laundering and terrorist financing.
Panama Law 52: Updated legislation for all legal entities
Last month the Government in Panama officially approved Law Number 52; legislation which creates the regulatory framework for the implementation regarding automatically exchanging tax information, in a further attempt to comply with global regulations for tax transparency, and to be fully in line with all supervisory and compliance matters.
Important 2016 reporting deadlines for BVI Financial Institutions
Officials from the British Virgin Islands have come together to clarify various filing deadlines as per the automatic exchange of information systems in a press release.
Thinking of relocating your business to Singapore? Let us help you!
Singapore has quickly become one of the world's most prosperous countries with strong international trading links and per capita GDP equal to that of the leading nations in Western Europe, making it an ideal destination and potential location for Business Owners to relocate and start a new business and lifestyle.