Accountant [ECS: 4853AS]
Position: Full time.
The successful candidate will be responsible to provide customer service support.
Professional and Personal Opportunities:
- Being a part of an international team of professionals.
- A compensation package will consist of a fixed access to ECS sponsored programmes.
- ECS corporate culture encourages continuous professional and personal development. In-house training is regularly provided on international taxation, corporate law, international trust and funds, etc. Training is conducted by an experienced professional staff of Eltoma Corporate Services from various overseas offices of ECS.
- Professional staff encourage enrolling into professional qualification provided by ACCA or ACA (UK). ECS runs a professional qualification sponsorship programme.
- Fast professional and career development opportunities based on personal qualities, commitments and contribution.
- Personal performance is assessed via KPI. A regular appraisal is conducted on a 6 months basis.
- Be responsible for timely, complete and accurate bookkeeping in the accounting software Sage Accounts and filing of supporting documentation of the Singapore office of Eltoma Corporate Services, including reconciliation of bank accounts, suppliers and customers, etc.
- Preparation of management accounts in timely, complete and accurate manner in line with the management accounting reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Managing bookkeeping for a portfolio of companies generating activities in Hong Kong and Singapore companies and ensure work is finalised within the required strict deadlines. Training on Singapore and Hong Kong Company accounting and filing requirements and deadlines will be provided.
- Liaise with the Singapore and Hong Kong Auditors and client for the completion of audit, tax return preparation and filing of financial statements.
- Assisting the Tax manager in preparation of basic tax computations and filing ECI and Form C/CS for Singapore companies.
- Assisting the Tax Manager on communications with IRAS for Eltoma (Singapore) and for matters relating to clients of ECS.
- Be responsible for GST compliance, reporting and filing for Eltoma (Singapore) and ECS clients.
- Preparing payroll calculation for Eltoma (Singapore) staff.
- Handling and managing paperwork relating to bookkeeping for Eltoma (Singapore) and its clients.
- Liaise with Singapore banks on behalf of Eltoma (Singapore) and its clients
- Liaise with overseas offices to support overseas operations of Eltoma Corporate Services
- Conducting internal seminars for Eltoma staff on basic accounting and Singapore taxation after necessary knowledge is acquired.
- Weekly progress reporting and contributing to monthly Eltoma Group MIS reporting.
- Participating in various projects and ad hoc assignments where required.
- Keeping timesheet records in Sage Practice Solution.
Requirements and person specification:
- University or college degree in a quantitative discipline subject (business administration, accounting, economics or finance).
- Partly or fully qualified Professional Certificate in Accountancy (ACCA or ACA or CPA, etc.).
- Minimum three years proven work experience in an accounting profession. Experience in one of the Big 4 Accounting firms or other multinational organisation will be considered an advantage.
- Experience in the preparation of both standalone and consolidated financial statements is a must. Knowledge of basics of Singapore taxation will be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of both CaseWare and Sage Accounts software will be considered an advantage.
- Ability to communicate and present complex financial information to clients is essential.
- Fluency in English, additional languages would be considered an advantage.
- Strong personal qualities, such as ambitious, determined to develop professional career and willingness to go an extra mile to achieve it, multitask, ability to prioritise, adaptability, open minded, have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, basic managerial skills, be a quick learner, and team player.
- A shortlist of candidates will be required to complete an assignment during the final interview to assess competency in English.
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary according to experience and qualifications.
To apply, please Click here establish a candidate account, upload your CV, select browse jobs and submit your resume for the position of interested.
A shortlist of candidates will be required to complete an assignment to assess competency.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Eltoma Corporate Services is a successful business with diversified activities. Please refer to the following web site to learn more about ECS business dimensions:
You can submit your resume online via our recruitment website