Accounting Manager [ECS:5423AM]
Position: Full time.
Location: Saint Petersburg.
Professional and Personal Opportunities:
- Being a part of an international team of professionals.
- A compensation package will consists of a fixed part and access to ECS sponsored programmes.
- ECS corporate culture is encouraging in continuous professional and personal development. In-house training is regularly provided on international taxation, corporate law, international trust and funds, etc. Training is conducted by an experienced professional staff of Eltoma Corporate Services from various overseas offices of ECS.
- Professional staff is encourages into enrolling on professional qualification provided by ACCA or ACA (UK). ECS runs a professional qualification sponsorship programme.
- Fast professional and career development opportunities based on personal qualities, commitments and contribution.
- Personal performance is assessed via KPI. A regular appraisal is conducted on a 6 months basis.
- Managing ECS internal accounting function including management team of internal accountants. The scope of internal accounting includes the following:
- Monthly close out of individual and consolidated accounts.
- Daily reconciliation of bank accounts of Eltoma Corporate Services.
- Development and maintenance of Internal control policies and procedures covering:
- Cash and Banks.
- Sales and Accounts Receivable.
- Purchase and Accounts Payable.
- Fixed Assets.
- Deposits and Current Liabilities, etc.
- Sage Accounts/Caseware software support:
- Internal training and continuous support of other departments.
- Customised Sage reporting.
- Price lists, discounts, etc.
- Treasury function:
- Local and international payments.
- FX and financial risk management.
- Cash flow forecasting and monitoring.
- Short-term deposits of cash excess.
- Optimisation of cost of treasury, etc.
- Budget and Budgetary Control and Analysis.
- Individual and consolidated balances.
- Budget variances analysis.
- Pricing ECS products:
- Existing products profitability review.
- Pricing new products.
- MIS reporting:
- Group consolidated accounts.
- Departmental P&L.
- Calculation of commission for ECS staff.
- ECS financial performance analysis.
- Cost analysis.
- Design and development of internal documents:
- ECS financial operations and reporting manual describing accounting treatment of ECS business transitions and business processes and document flows.
- Internal control policies and procedures.
- Internal accountant job descriptions.
- Direct and Indirect (VAT in Cyprus and GST in Singapore) tax compliance.
- Payroll function.
- Internal AML/CTF audit under CySEC requirements.
- Liaise with overseas offices to support overseas operations of Eltoma Corporate Services.
- Conducting internal seminars for Eltoma staff on basic accounting and Singapore taxation after necessary knowledge is acquired.
- Weekly progress reporting and contributing to monthly Eltoma Group MIS reporting.
- Participating in various projects and ad hoc assignments where required.
- Managing accounting and tax compliance for clients including the following:
- Managing team of accountants located in various offices of ECS.
- Make a budget for the external accounting function and each individual accountant.
- Review budgeting variances and make appropriate actions to enhance performance in order to ensure that the department is profitable.
- Allocate a client portfolio to each accountant and review completion of jobs relating to each client.
- Assist accountants in getting necessary information directly from clients or with Customer Service support in order to complete bookkeeping for clients.
- Assist each accountant with coding of invoices, understanding of accounting transactions, etc.
- Monitoring performance of each accountant in relation to his/her portfolio.
- Reviewing and approving financial statements.
- Supervising preparation of financial statements in CaseWare.
- Assist and supervise preparation of XBRL for Singapore companies.
- Preparation and conducting webinars on relevant subjects.
- Direct and indirect (VAT/GST) compliance and reporting for clients.
- Payroll for client companies.
- Design and implement departmental business processes (guidelines, checklists, etc.), including a system of quality control.
- Manage the filing of supporting documentation and complying with legal and internal storage requirements.
- Avoiding legal challenges for ECS and clients by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures.
- Protects organisation's value by keeping information confidential and job records in Sage Practice Solution timely, completely and accurately.
- Keeping timely, accurate and complete timesheet records in Sage Practice Solution.
Requirements and person specification:
- University or college degree in a quantitative discipline subject (business administration, accounting, economics or finance).
- Finalist or fully qualified Professional Certificate in Accountancy (ACCA or ACA or CPA, etc.).
- Minimum three years proven work experience in an accounting profession. Experience in one of the Big 4 Accounting firms or any other multinational organisation will be considered an advantage.
- Experience in the preparation of both standalone and consolidated financial statements is a must. Knowledge of basics of Singapore taxation will be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of both CaseWare and Sage Accounts software will be considered an advantage.
- Ability to communicate and present complex financial information to clients is essential.
- Fluency in English, additional languages would be considered an advantage.
Strong personal qualities, such as ambitious, determined to develop professional career and willingness to go an extra mile to achieve it, multitask, ability to prioritise, adaptability, open minded, have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, basic managerial skills, be a quick learner, and team player.
- A shortlist of candidates will be required to complete an assignment during the final interview to assess competency in English.
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary according to experience and qualifications.
- All candidates are encouraged to register on www.eltoma-recruitment.com in order to receive regular updates on vacancies available at Eltoma Corporate Services and its clients.
Please clearly state your gross salary expectation.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Eltoma Corporate Services (ECS) is a successful business with diversified activities. Please refer to the following web site to learn more about ECS business dimensions:
To apply, please Click here establish a candidate account, upload your CV, select browse jobs and submit your resume for the position of interested.
You can submit your resume online via our recruitment website