Corporate Services Legal Manager [ECS: 17468AS]
Professional and Personal Opportunities:
- Being a part of an international team of professionals.
- A compensation package will consists of a fixed element and a sales commission.
- ECS corporate culture is encouraging continuous professional and personal development. In-house training is regularly provided on international taxation, corporate law, international trust and funds, etc.
- Professional staff is encouraged to enroll in professional qualification provided by ICSA (UK). ECS runs a professional qualification sponsorship program.
- Fast professional and career development opportunities based on personal qualities, commitments and contribution.
- Company Formation.
- Company Administration & Maintenance.
- Company Dissolution.
- Assisting clients on selecting a proper entity type and structure of a company (ownership, company directors, share capital, etc.).
- Preparation of Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Preparation of first corporate documentation:
- First director meeting resolutions and minutes
- Allotment of shares
- Creation of registers (Company Shareholders, Company Directors, Company Secretary, etc.)
- Preparation of a company kit:
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Share Certificate
- Certificate of Incorporation
- First minutes of Company Director, etc.
Company Administration & Maintenance
- Compliance with company internal regulations and external legislation.
- Maintenance of corporate records:
- Mortgages and charges.
- Company Directors.
- Members, etc.
- Administration of board and general meetings:
- Helping the chair to set agendas, preparing papers for the board and committees.
- Preparing and sending out notices.
- Attendance at board meetings, taking minutes and keeping the minute books, etc.
- Compliance – filing forms with Companies House.
- Collation of accounts and compliance with legislation:
- Company’s accounting records are maintained in accordance with company legislation.
- Company’s accounting records are prepared on time.
- Signing director reports in the company’s accounts, etc.
- Company Shareholder communications:
- Issuing circulars, dividends, documentations concerned shares, notices of meetings.
- Access to records.
- Legal and corporate governance regulatory advice:
- Advising Company Directors on their legal responsibilities and updating them on development of law.
- Advising on company board procedures.
- Ensuring that company board decisions have considered implementation issues, tax accounting and business consequences.
- Ensuring that Memorandum and Articles of Association are complied with and kept up to date, etc.
- Share administration, maintaining and supervising:
- Register of members.
- Share transfer matters generally.
- Requests information from company shareholders.
- Issue of share and debenture certificates.
- The notice of allotments and restructuring to Companies House.
- Employee share scheme/options.
- Information link and maintaining communication links between:
- Chairman, Company Directors and non-executive Company Directors.
- Company Shareholders and the board
- Employee and the board.
- Media/press and the company.
- Running the registered office and administrating the registered office
- Handling the correspondence.
- Receipt and care of official documents.
- Making documents required by law available for inspection by third parties.
- Ensuring that the company’s name is displayed at the registered office and where the trade is carried out.
- Security of documentation and managing the security of:
- Company seal.
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Company Directors’ service contracts.
- Share certificates and share transfer forms.
- Other documents of titles, etc.
- Initiation and following of strike off procedure.
- Initiation and following of full liquidation procedure.
Legal, Corporate Services and Advisory
- Preparation of professional legal opinions linked to international corporate law, corporate structuring, and international taxation.
- Legal advice to clients regarding corporate administration including group restructuring, corporate structure changes, merges and acquisitions, strike-off and liquidation procedures.
- Incorporation/registration of international entities.
- Executing required corporate changes including issue of shares, changes of Company Directors and Company Secretaries, etc.
- Assistance with statutory filings including Companies House, Tax Authorities and any other filings in connection with corporate administration worldwide.
- Reviewing and drafting POAs, minutes and resolutions, providing assistance with the organization of the AGM and associated documentation.
- Preparing documents for company liquidations and dissolutions.
- Providing professional advice regarding duties and responsibilities of Company Directors, Company Shareholders and Ultimate Beneficial Owners, review of corporate risks associated with business liquidation and/or non-compliance with statutory requirements.
- Review and preparation of various agreements (loan agreements, shareholder agreements, sales and purchase agreements, etc.).
- Bank account opening with international banks: assistance with preparing business plans and business models, application preparation, communication with the bank, organizing meetings, etc.
- Drafting and review of legal documents and reports, checklists and other documents.
- Monitoring and analysis of international legislation changes with regards to jurisdiction corporate and statutory compliance.
- Relationship management and development with counter-parties including banks and international corporate service providers.
- Ensure compliance with internal processes and policies including Due Diligence and Compliance reviews, client account updates, communication and handovers with other departments. (Completion of internal handover procedures for both new and existing clients)
- Management of Client portfolio including corporate administration and legal support, assist with client enquiries, answer queries, and maintain a good client rapport.
- Informing clients of any new products and identifying new sales opportunities (cross-sales) within existing clients’ portfolios, achieving set KPIs (personal and departmental).
- Ensure the on-going management of the client portfolio (accounts) in accordance to the agreed contractual terms and conditions (receivables management, bad debt, accounts reviews).
- Building strong client relationships, delivering high standards of customer service.
- Reporting and management of Quality of Service and Client experience, proposing service quality improvements to ensure customer satisfaction is continually achieved.
- Ensure cases knowhow and precedents are added to the firm’s global Knowledge Database, including profiling of precedents, knowhow and update of procedures in the system.
- Coordinating department operations within international offices ensuring effective daily operational management of the department.
- Liaise with overseas offices to support overseas operations of ECS.
- Monitoring and reporting on the services deliverables and execution of tasks within defined timelines.
- Monitoring and analysis of the department KPIs and efficiency.
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting for the department operations.
- Review budgeting variances and make appropriate actions to enhance performance in order to ensure that the department is profitable.
- Allocate a client portfolio to each team member and review completion of jobs relating to each client.
- Assist each team member with issue of invoices including quotation approvals, coding of invoices, etc.
- Monitoring performance of each team member in relation to his/her portfolio.
- Developing relationships with other departments to facilitate communication and cooperation, review the workflow in order to identify potential overlap of procedures and eliminating such inefficiencies (stream-line processes and satisfy various department needs).
- Conducting internal and external webinars and seminars on legal and corporate administration matters.
- Participating in various projects and ad hoc assignments where required.
- Promoting effective work practices (working as a team member, establishing standards of cooperation and respect for co-workers).
- Protects organisation’s value by keeping information confidential and job records in Sage Practice Solution timely, completely and accurately recorded.
- Keeping timely, accurate and complete timesheet records in Sage Practice Solution.
- Avoiding legal challenges for ECS and clients by understanding current and proposed legislation; recommending new procedures.
- Manage the filing of client documentation and complying with legal and internal storage requirements.
Client Relationship Management:
Operational: Managing team of Corporate Services Department in various offices of Eltoma Corporate Services (ECS)
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 10 years of previous experience in international legal/tax consulting environment.
- Proven managerial skills in managing a team of professionals.
- University Degree in Law is a must.
- Previous corporate administration experience (sound knowledge of corporate incorporation documents in various jurisdictions).
- Previous experience in customer service role required.
- Strong command of written and spoken English, with an additional language an advantage.
- Pro-active individual with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, highly motivated individual with a positive working attitude.
- Professional and confident.
- Proficient PC user
- A shortlist of candidates will be required to complete an assignment during the final interview to assess competency in English.
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary according to experience and qualifications.
- All candidates are encouraged to register on www.eltoma-recruitment.com in order to receive regular updates on vacancies available at Eltoma Corporate Services and its clients.
Please clearly state your gross salary expectation.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Eltoma Corporate Services (ECS) is a successful business with diversified activities. Please refer to the following web site to learn more about ECS business dimensions:
To apply, please Click here establish a candidate account, upload your CV, select browse jobs and submit your resume for the position of interested.
You can submit your resume online via our recruitment website