Senior Legal Advisor [ECS:3409]
Due to our continued expansion, we are currently recruiting a Senior Legal Advisor.
Position: Full time.
Reporting to: Managing Director.
Professional and Personal Opportunities:
- Being a part of an international team of professionals.
- A compensation package will consists of a fixed part and a sales commission.
- ECS corporate culture is encouraging in continuous professional and personal development. In-house training is regularly provided on international taxation, corporate law, international trust and funds, etc. Training is conducted by an experience professional staff of Eltoma Corporate Services from various overseas offices of ECS.
- Professional staff is encourages into enrolling on professional qualification provided by ICSA (UK). ECS runs a professional qualification sponsorship programme.
- Fast professional and career development opportunities based on personal qualities, commitments and contribution.
- Personal performance is assessed via KPI. An regular appraisal is conducted on a 6 month basis.
Legal work will cover the following areas of Cyprus legislation:
- Corporate Law.
- Property Law.
- Trustee Law and International Trust Law.
- Contract Law.
- Immigration Law.
- CySEC Cyprus Investment Firms regulation, MiFID & funds.
- IP Law, etc.
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents and agreements / contracts including but not limited to: resolutions, minutes, Power of Attorneys, management agreements, loan agreements, minutes and proxies.
- Drafting legal opinions and legal memos on corporate, commercial and contract law issues.
- Review and assess relevant legal documentation and advice from third parties.
- Provide legal advice to clients further to the review of clients’ agreements and/or transactions.
- Ensure that all legal procedures remain in line with applicable law and overall objectives.
- Legal research.
- Provide legal advice on corporate and/or commercial matters.
- Ensure compliance with AML legislation and ensure that FATCA compliance is adhered to at all times.
- Reviewing and commenting on transaction and/or legal documents from Cyprus law perspective.
- Responsible to review and approve any documents delivered to clients, third parties or the Registrar of Companies and agents of relevant jurisdictions.
- Build up business network and communicate in a natural way with all relevant parties.
- Preparing material and conducting webinars and seminars on legal matters for existing or prospective clients of Eltoma Corporate Services.
- Preparing technical articles for Eltoma Corporate Services web site.
- Assisting other departments on legal matters.
- University degree in Law.
- Cyprus Bar Association member.
- Minimum post qualified experience of 5 year is essential.
- Knowledge of Cyprus legal framework and legislation.
- Excellent command of English both written and verbal; knowledge of an additional language will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Professional and confident.
- A shortlist of candidates will be required to complete an assignment during the final interview to assess competency in English.
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary according to experience and qualifications.
All candidates are encouraged to register on www.eltoma-recruitment.com in order to receive regular updates on vacancies available at Eltoma Corporate Services and its clients.
Please clearly state your gross salary expectation on your application.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Eltoma Corporate Services (ECS) is a successful business with diversified activities. Please refer to the following web site to learn more about ECS business dimensions: