Position: Full time.
Location: Limassol, Cyprus.
Reporting to: Cyprus Business Unit Manager
Due to expansion, Eltoma Corporate Services is looking for a responsible Bookkeeper, to provide accounting, general internal human resources and administrative support in a well organised and timely manner.
Professional and Personal Opportunities:
- Being a part of an international team of professionals.
- A compensation package will consists of a fixed element and access to ECS sponsored programs.
- ECS corporate culture is to encourage continuous professional and personal development. In-house training is regularly provided on international taxation, corporate law, international trust and funds, etc. Training is conducted by an experienced professional staff of Eltoma Corporate Services from various overseas offices of ECS.
- Professional staff is encouraged to enroll on professional qualification provided by ICSA, ACCA or ACA (UK). ECS runs a professional qualification sponsorship programme.
- Fast professional and career development opportunities based on personal qualities, commitments and contribution.
- Personal performance is assessed via KPI. A regular appraisal is conducted on a 6 months basis.
- Implement and operate an efficient system to ensure payment completion of suppliers and Cyprus office company expenses is executed in an accurate and timely process.
- Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Completion of Cyprus VAT compliance for the Cyprus office and assisting Accounting Team with the Clients Cyprus VAT compliance matters.
- Reconciliation of company bank accounts.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets.
- Review and monitor progress with accounts receivable and company renewals.
- Adhere to internal and external deadlines.
- Assist with annual and monthly budgets production.
- Fully responsible for petty cash, daily transactions, documentation flow, cash levels and reconciliation completion.
- Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits.
- Liase with local Cyprus banks on a number of areas, including new client bank account applications.
- Completion of Cyprus office Pay roll including compliance with Social insurance and taxation requirements.
- Responsible for internal HR matters for the Cyprus office, for example staff annual leave.
- Source office supplies and office repairs – ensure the smooth office running environment at all times.
- Devise and maintain Cyprus office filing system including management of scanning and document control.
- Overall responsible for Cyprus office budgets.
- Fully responsible for the office health and safety, all aspects.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Handle requests and enquiries appropriately.
- Manage travel arrangements, visas and accommodation.
- Manage company databases, under instructions from Senior Management.
- Weekly progress reporting and contributing to monthly Eltoma Group MIS reporting.
- Participating in various projects and ad hoc assignments where required.
- Handle a number of confidential matters, as they arise.
- Deputise for the Manager and delegate tasks to others in the manager's absence.
- Supervise a number of staff within the administration function within the Cyprus office.
- Overall work closely with the Cyprus Senior Manager, acting as the right hand man.
- Maintain the company corporate apartments on an international scale.
- Implement and maintain procedures related to administrative functions.
- Liaise with suppliers and staff.
- Fully responsible for issuing company wide communication linked to a number of key areas, e.g. staff celebrations/achievements, public holidays for all relevant jurisdictions etc.
- Preparation of technical articles related to agreed areas supporting the company’s products, services and brand.
- Active participation in SMM projects of Eltoma Corporate Services.
- Fully responsible for all matters linked to the Cyprus Company Registrar.
- Arrange general correspondence with agents, clients, notary, couriers, external advisors, banks, regulatory bodies, nominees and other relevant parties, including legalization, certification and order of certificates.
- Maintain timesheet records in Sage Practice Solution.
Requirements and Person Specification:
- University or college degree in a quantitative discipline subject (business administration, accounting, economics or finance).
- Minimum 3 years proven work experience as a Book keeper within a Cyprus based company is essential.
- Knowledge and practical experience with VAT/VIES preparation and filing, payroll taxes and direct taxes in Cyprus.
- Experience in working with Accounting Software Packages.
- Knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts considered an advantage.
- Advance knowledge of MS Excel highly desirable
- Outstanding organisational, time management and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise daily workload.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Strong command of written and spoken English and Greek - essential, additional languages would be considered an advantage.
- Discretion, trustworthy and confidentiality, key attributes.
- Dynamic and energetic personality.
- Self starter, comfortable with taking initiative.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong personal qualities, such as ambitious, determined to develop professional career and willingness to go an extra mile to achieve it, open minded, have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, basic managerial skills, be a quick learner, and team player.
To apply, please Click here establish a candidate account, upload your CV, select browse jobs and submit your resume for the position of interested.
- A shortlist of candidates will be required to complete an assignment during the final interview to assess competency in English.
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary according to experience and qualifications.
- All candidates are encouraged to register on www.eltoma-recruitment.com in order to receive regular updates on vacancies available at Eltoma Corporate Services and its clients
Please clearly state your gross salary expectation.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Eltoma Corporate Services (ECS) is a successful business with diversified activities. Please refer to the following web site to learn more about ECS business dimensions:
You can submit your resume online via our recruitment website